• Graphics Cards
  • Radeon
  • HD
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 24, 2007 10:02:48 AM

ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT puts up some impressive numbers in benchmarks

After several delays, AMD plans to launch its long-awaited R600 graphics processors in mid-May. AMD is currently briefing select members of the press on its R600 architecture in the Tunisia, but there is no embargo date on the R600 for DailyTech -- we can show you benchmarks now.

AMD plans to launch a completely new DirectX 10 lineup with the flagship ATI Radeon HD 2900 XTX. Other models such as the Radeon HD 2900 XT, Radeon HD 2600-series and Radeon HD 2400-series will also join AMD’s DirectX 10 family after the initial high-end launches.

AMD equips the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT with 320 stream processors to take on NVIDIA’s GeForce 8800 GTS, which features 96 stream processors. However, AMD and NVIDIA have taken different approaches towards their unified shader designs. AMD pairs the R600 GPU with 512MB of GDDR3 memory clocked at 1.65 GHz across an eight-channel, 512-bit memory interface. In comparison, the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS features 640MB of 1.6 GHz GDDR3 memory on a 320-bit memory interface.

AMD equips the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT with a dual-slot, blower-type heat sink. Unlike the OEM Radeon HD 2900-series previously pictured, which is an 11.5” long card, the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT makes use of a smaller cooler so everything fits within the 9.5” PCB. Although the R600 GPU supports HDMI audio and video output, the our reference design only features dual dual-link DVI.

Onto the benchmarks, the tests were conducted on an Intel D975XBX2 BadAxe2, Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 and 2x1GB DDR2-800 MHz. The operating system on the test system was Windows XP, with a fresh install before benchmarking each card. Testing of the AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT was performed using the 8.361 Catalyst RC4 drivers, while the GeForce 8800 GTS used ForceWare 158.19 drivers.

All game tests were run with the maximum detail settings at resolutions of 1280x1024. Futuremark’s 3DMark06 was tested with the default settings.

Expect AMD to pull the wraps off its DirectX 10 product line up in mid-May, with value, midrange and high end models to boot. AMD’s flagship ATI Radeon HD 2900-series will have two models at launch – the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XTX and the HD 2900 XT. The ATI Radeon HD 2900 XTX models feature 1GB of GDDR4 memory while the lower HD 2900 XT features 512 MB.

The ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT is poised to have a street price approximately the same as the GeForce 8800 GTS, which carries an MSRP of $499.
Taken from Daily Tech:Ati hd2900xt

Dunno know real or not. Just hope it is real and we can get a good card

ps : sorry not able to post the benchmark here. If u wan to see the benchmark ,please click the link.

More about : ati 2900xt benchmark

April 24, 2007 10:12:38 AM

Like i said b4

Nice very niiiiiiice
Now wait for all the fanboys to come out and say : yea but it was this motherboard or memory or monitor or it was done at night or this driver or that setting, Or its photo shop or they had flames on there card, they cheated that gives another 10% FPS.
boo hoo.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 10:15:39 AM

Theyre real, and with baby drivers dont look too bad
Related resources
April 24, 2007 10:44:11 AM

i hope that new drivers give it a little more juice. Nvidia hasn`t been sleeping the past months, so it needs to be faster to counter Nvidia`s next move.

seeing these numbers, i`m sure the xtx version with gddr4 will beat the gtx version from Nvidia. would be nice to see it topping the 8900(?).

but then again: these are dx10 cards without even dx10 drivers, let alone games............ so whe still know nothing for the next few weeks/ months :(  dx9c games play perfect on my current hardware so those numbers don`t mean to much.
April 24, 2007 11:04:09 AM

I'm sorry guys, but these numbers are pathetic. It's barely faster than the GTS. Yeah, for the same price, the XT is clearly the better deal. But when you consider that the GTS has been on the market for 6 months... this is sad. And w/ the XTX reportedly pushed to next quarter... well... I think ya'll get the picture.

I really hope AMD is working hard on the R600's successor because nVidia sure isn't sitting on its arse.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 11:11:22 AM

It's nice to see pics of the shorter retail R600. Fudzilla claims that the GDDR4 XTX is delayed and this will be the top card at launch.

As far as performance(MPJesse), it's hard to go by when all they tested was one resolution. It beats the 8800GTS by a good margin in some games, but in the others is it equal or are we 1280x1024 CPU bottlenecked? Anyway, good to have this much info, but the 12x10 only testing hurts the weight of the results. Too bad they didn't have the GTX in there too.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 11:17:25 AM

Ive been comparing the gtx to the xt. Other sites showing their benches of the 88gtx. It looks like the gtx is better by a small margin, tho with more mature drivers the gap could close.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 11:22:03 AM

I'm guessing DailyTech is wrong about the XTX launching with the XT. And I am hoping they are wrong about the price of XT.
April 24, 2007 11:23:28 AM

Ouch, Tom's continues to trail Anand.

I'm with mpjesse though that after all this time it would have been nice to see a release from DAAMIT that raises the bar in some significant way.

Now the fun part will be seeing how each company's approach holds up when DX10 shows up.

It is still a while before the cards can be bought but I will state prematurely that it is about time the competition is back on.
April 24, 2007 11:23:45 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry guys, but these numbers are pathetic. It's barely faster than the GTS. Yeah, for the same price, the XT is clearly the better deal. .

BARELY ?????
In most of the Workstation BM's the hd2900 was ahead by 25-35%
The games vary a lot but up to 30% the most important 3d mark was about 16% nothing to sneeze @.
still early days.
April 24, 2007 11:27:58 AM

Quote:
The games vary a lot but up to 30% the most important 3d mark was about 16% nothing to sneeze @.
still early days.

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Comparing a brand new card to a card that's over 6 months old and having only 16% to show for it is something to sneeze at. But that's just my opinion...

Still, Paul has a point about the resolutions. It may end up being a killer in higher resolutions and in DX10 games. All I'm saying is the preliminary benchmarks are pathetic IMO. I do hope I'm wrong.
April 24, 2007 11:40:56 AM

The 2900 XT looks very nice, but the price is a bit high for me. I can't wait to see the 2600 series, hopefully they are better than the 8600 series.
April 24, 2007 11:44:32 AM

:trophy: WINNNAAH 8O
April 24, 2007 12:29:09 PM

that video looks just like.... everyother video game :twisted: .. sureee the particles.... the falling ice thingos .... so?

i say, the rock demo on fudzilla looks more realistic 8O

im serious.. check fudzilla and look for a screenshot comparision the rock looks very very good....

( or maybe its just me :x )
April 24, 2007 12:51:33 PM

Woohoo, that's awesome! :twisted:
ATI is going to rock again like they did with the X1900Series cards.
things are gonna get extremely hard for 8800Series cards. :twisted:
April 24, 2007 1:01:49 PM

Whilr this is all very interesting and exciting, I can't help but to feel it's also all a bit... pointless.

Yes, you can buy a DX10 card now and get decent performance in DX9 games, but for most people there's no point: generally any DX10 card will be satisfactory for DX9 games, that tells you nothing about what matters in this case. Until there are DX10 games and proper DX10 benchmarks to go with them, all this stuff is fairly meaningless.
April 24, 2007 1:06:04 PM

After 6 months I have to say I'm not really that impressed. It's certainly a nice card, but meh. I'll reserve my final judgment for real benchies at a decent resolution.

The thought that lingers in my mind is that if nVidia decides to slash the prices on the current G80 line up, the 8800 could still be the better purchase with superior price/performance, and really good performance at that.

I don't think DAAMIT can handle two harsh price wars at once.
April 24, 2007 1:52:29 PM

Hahaha.. 6 months for this!!!

What ever happend to "no problems with our cards... we just want a full launch of all cards - that was our intention all along." - BS

Now the high end is getting delayed... you guys can keep waiting another 6months. I'll pick up a cheap 8800 or a new 8900.

At least well see Nvidia drop some prices - well, when the ATI cards actually come out (not a paper launch... yeah, right :wink: ).

I do not know how you can spin this as good news. Only the high res benchies may tell a different story.
April 24, 2007 2:14:01 PM

Okay... so you guys believe this crap? Once again, let me be the voice of reason here: where did they get this phantom card from? Why are they the only ones with access to this lone phantom card? Why in the hell would ATI let them have the only single card that seems to exists (it seems to be handed around like a joint between people, with no one ever sending out pictures of it in their system or anything)? Why would they not give the press full-disclosure access in Tunisia this week, but they let this one site have the ONLY card in existence? Come on... this is crap. There's NO NEW INFORMATION ANYWHERE in this article, just a mish-mash of all the info we've gotten already from other sources, with a little bit of numbers thrown in for post-points.
Using stock photos doesnt help the argument, either.... the only photos in that article I've seen 10 times before in other places. Also, why in the heck would you bench it against the 8800GTS? They won't even be at the same price point after launch! By the time this thing launches (6 months late), the GTX's will be around the $500 mark. I'm not speculating on performance numbers just because anything that I've seen so far is just that: speculation and conjecture. Remember: just because they made you wait for it, doesnt mean that it's going to live up to the hype.
As a side note, if the 2900's do wipe the floor with the 8800's, I'm probably going back to ATI, depending on where they are when I'm going to upgrade. Like I said, I'm no fanboy, just a guy who wants the best performance for the money. And no, when I'm ready to upgrade, I'm not going to wait until the next best thing comes out that's "right around the corner", because, as we've seen, it's never just right around the corner.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 2:16:03 PM

Who actually thought the XTX would launch with the others? We have heard rumors for ages the XT GDDR3 would be the top launched card for now. If we see an XTX GDDR4 at the same time, I'd be very surprised. But if this XT matches a GTX for less money, what's the big issue.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 2:28:07 PM

Quote:
There's NO NEW INFORMATION ANYWHERE in this article, just a mish-mash of all the info we've gotten already from other sources, with a little bit of numbers thrown in for post-points.
Using stock photos doesnt help the argument, either.... the only photos in that article I've seen 10 times before in other places.

Show me a few of these 10 places. I think you are confusing the single slot HD 2600XT pics with these new dual slot retail HD 2900XT pics. This is the first time I have seen this card.
April 24, 2007 2:39:01 PM

Quote:
Who actually thought the XTX would launch with the others? We have heard rumors for ages the XT GDDR3 would be the top launched card for now. If we see an XTX GDDR4 at the same time, I'd be very surprised. But if this XT matches a GTX for less money, what's the big issue.

Quote:

PCGH: Hi Vijay. AMD decided not to launch R600 officially at Cebit. Can you give us a clue, what was your reason to do or not do so?

Vijay Sharma [Director of Desktop Discrete Product Marketing at AMD]: Sure. Our initial plan as you're probably aware was to do an NDA press media event this week just before Cebit at Amsterdam. And we realized that we had two derivative products of R600 coming. So we had a whole family of R600-products coming within 45, 60 days of each other. So we said rather than have the press come to Amsterdam before Cebit and then another month later do another event lets talk about the whole family at once and include desktop and mobile products as well. So we have a very strong story and we choose to hold on the R600 and have a combined event later in april.

PCGH: Another word on the family of R6x. You plan to introduce all products at once you said. Does that include mobile products?

Vijay Sharma: Right now we're looking at a whole family of products. So there's a whole set of R600-class mobile products and desktop products. And so we do one big tech event for the press under NDA. And then following that will be the announcements, formal public announcements for the products.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=573129
April 24, 2007 2:39:55 PM

Nobody will know for sure until the NDA has been lifted, but this info seems viable to me.
The benches are too low res to be all that useful, but it's certainly not a bad sign.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really matter when it was supposed to launch when it comes to wether it's a good buy or not... if they launch it at a good price for it's performance, kudos to 'em.
Sucks that they were late, but if they can beat the competition by at least 10% while costing less money, the card will be a success.

If it can't deliver though, it'll be a hard blow to AMD/Ati.
April 24, 2007 2:48:37 PM

I'm sure the cards will be great.

I wish they would have come out when I was buying my compuer in Nov/Dec 2006. At the time I very seriously debated waiting for the R600 to release (at that time it was thought it'd be Jan/Feb 2007). All I have to say is I'm very glad I did not wait.

Personally it'll be interesting to see how it does. But that's about it. They're late to the game and I've already bought a card this generation. Maybe next generation they can show up on time and I may purchase whatever they have to offer.
April 24, 2007 3:42:02 PM

Nice post,especially Twisted Sister,thanx for scouring the net for us :D  .
April 24, 2007 3:46:28 PM

Well, at least this time they're not just 3dmark benchies. Nice find.
April 24, 2007 5:15:39 PM

Quote:
Nice post,especially Twisted Sister,thanx for scouring the net for us :D  .

Haha... I wish I could take credit... but google did all the work. :wink:
April 24, 2007 5:21:09 PM

This news has now been reported on Joystiq.com, so do you think that makes the benchmarks credible?
April 24, 2007 5:23:50 PM

i dunno, iv never actually heard of joystick.com before :?

then again, i dont know a lot of sites :roll:
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 6:15:34 PM

That link doesn't say much. He didn't say every R600 will launch at once, he said a whole range, which is exactly what we expect. You just seem to have missed the near constant talks that we won't see the GDDR4 XTX as early as the XT. Shoot, the press may be seeing it now, that doesn't mean we will be able to buy it as early ast the XT.
April 24, 2007 8:26:06 PM

Nice article, good to see some frame rates rather than 3dmark scores. Hopefully these are legit numbers so we can see some good competition between ATI and Nvidia.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 11:20:22 PM

While I'd say the results aren't that imressive, it's still early. Look at the boost the GF8600s got from their launch drivers (although still not impressive), I suspect the same will happen with ATi's drivers, but I wouldn't count on it either.

Quote:

I'm not sure how to respond to that. Comparing a brand new card to a card that's over 6 months old and having only 16% to show for it is something to sneeze at. But that's just my opinion...

Did you feel the same way about the delayed NV47/48 aka GF7800? Where it's GT version was only mid double digits performance better than the X850XT? Just like when the GF7800 launched it wasn't all that impressive from early benchies alone. Sure the GTX was, but the GT required the later driver boost to help truely distance itself from the X850XT. Same thing happened with the GTS640 cmopared to the established X1950XT. There's alot ot be said for mature drivers. It's not very impressive, but considering I expected the GDDR3 version to be less powerful than the GTS in DX9 apps, I am at least happy it's the equal, especially since it's strength supposedly lies in it's DX10 implementation, especially the Geometry shaders. Now we just need apps to make that worth considering.

I wouldn't say patheric, I'd just say not very impressive, but better than I expected from the 80nm GDDR3 model.
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2007 11:33:18 PM

Quote:
So we had a whole family of R600-products coming within 45, 60 days of each other. So we said rather than have the press come to Amsterdam before Cebit and then another month later do another event lets talk about the whole family at once and include desktop and mobile products as well....

Did you actually READ that interview? (BTW, Cleeve posted it way back IIRC, and it's been discussed, and it still doesn't say what you think it says).

The event is still under NDA, like the CeBit event was supposed to be, they launch to the press all the cards, it doesn't say anything about selling them in the same time frame. And all the companies have done this, ATi, AMD, intel, nV, Creative, etc.

ATi has done the stagger launch before specifically stating dates for the higher end part to roll out after their just below the top card comes out. AMD may do the same this time around, but technically they haven't told us anything about any of their cards yet, we're still going off leaks and rumours.

So your link doesn't really refute what Paul said, especially since it doesn't talk about getting the cards to market, it talks about a private NDA launch party for the press.
April 24, 2007 11:51:31 PM

Com'mon guys... do I have to provide more:

Quote:
Henri Richard:

The R600 will be out in the second quarter. The reason we decided to delay the launch was that we wanted to have a complete DX10-enabled solution top to bottom. A lot of people wrote that the reason it is delayed is because of a problem with the silicon, but there is no problem with the silicon. We are demonstrating it. We can ship it today. But if you think about it, looking at where the market is at, the volumes are going to be in the R610 and R630, so it makes sense for us to do a one time launch of the entire family of DX10 enabled products. That meant delaying the R600 for a few weeks, but frankly it doesn't make a difference in the life cycle of the product and talking with our customers and partners, they felt that it would make a bigger impact with one full launch. So we decided to do that.

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/print.php?cid=30&id=2229

Maybe you guys saw through the BS - but they were telling the masses another story.
April 25, 2007 12:21:07 AM

Quote:

Henri Richard:

Maybe you guys saw through the BS - but they were telling the masses another story.
Henri Richard's job is to spread BS. Not to say this part is necessarily false, but I don't believe a word the guy says until it's proven otherwise. I'm surprised he didn't find a way to blame Intel for the delay in that paragraph, that's gotta be a new record for him.
April 25, 2007 12:25:31 AM

Quote:
Fudzilla claims that the GDDR4 XTX is delayed and this will be the top card at launch.
April 25, 2007 12:45:53 AM

Arent the G80 and r600 cores meant to have different max AA levels? I noticed the article says simply "maximum detail settings", so Im wondering if they kept things constant and used in-game AA settings or whether they forced them at driver level.

On another note, does anyone know exactly whats different with the XTX version? Its meant to have 1 gig of GDDR4, but are they altering clock speeds or adding extra shaders, or is it simply a memory update?
April 25, 2007 12:45:58 AM

Did you guys see the overclocking the "r600" article? If those are real numbers... damnnn
a b U Graphics card
April 25, 2007 1:03:11 AM

Quote:

Yeah, got anything that says the XT comes out at the same time as the XTX? Or something official that anything else is delayed due to the possible delay of the XTX.
That's all you need to provide. Shouldn't be so hard since you're so confident.

Quote:
The R600 will be out in the second quarter. The reason we decided to delay the launch was that we wanted to have a complete DX10-enabled solution top to bottom.
[/size]

And they do. The current TOP is the HD2900XT, Current bottom will be the HD2400 for the DX10 generation. What's so hard to figure out about that?

Quote:
But if you think about it, looking at where the market is at, the volumes are going to be in the R610 and R630, so it makes sense for us to do a one time launch of the entire family of DX10 enabled products.

So they have the entire family;
HD2900
HD2600
HD2400
Mobility
Integrated

Top to bottom, entire family. Doesn't state anywhere what they are launching within those families; nor that the XTX is part of those plans. Or do you have trouble actually reading without inserting your own take on it?

Quote:
That meant delaying the R600 for a few weeks, but frankly it doesn't make a difference in the life cycle of the product and talking with our customers and partners, they felt that it would make a bigger impact with one full launch. So we decided to do that.

So the R600 still seems to be on track, with the HD2900XT launch rumours/plans. That another variant might come out afterwards doesn't change that.

Quote:

Actually they said exactly what's happening, the R600 will launch with its siblings, from top to bottom. Your attempt to redefine what that means is your issue, not theirs. The BS is coming from your posts, not their statements.
a b U Graphics card
April 25, 2007 1:09:35 AM

Quote:
Or that an oc'd 8800gts 640mb @ gtx stock speeds performs just as well?

Better sometimes, as seen in FiringSquad's early reviews, especially at lower res.
Now of course the overclocked GTX pulled away again, but since we're talking about stokc versus stock and we have no idea how well these cards OC, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet based on these early benchmarks, let alone as to what the effect of memory size and speed does.

While I'm not 'impressed' anymore than I was by alot of benchies of the GF8800GTS when it first came out, it's nice to see some early benchies with some interesting comparisons. Like the GTS, I think we're a long way away from knowing the whole story.
a b U Graphics card
April 25, 2007 1:21:06 AM

Quote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: Lame argument. Overclocked 8800GTX> Overclocked 8800GTS. So your point again?

The point is that don't overlook the potential of clock changes.
If the OC'ed GTS matches and beats the stock GTX in many situations, especially at low res like these tests, then what's to say that the clock speed difference of ths XT versus XTX isn't as effective, which is exactly what MPJ was doubting. And remember for the XTX that will be it's stock speed too, and we still don't know how these cores overclock, nor how they're affected by memory. So extrapolating XTX performance from these tests by saying OCing a bit does little, is pretty much not the case we've seen in the past, where the GTS OC does make it interesting versus a stock GTX, and the OC boost of the GF7800GTX-512 brought it's performance at least to respectable range compared to it's competition.

Quote:
Yeah, they have a card that can just barely keep up with a 6month old card from nvidia. (8800GTS). :lol: 

And yet cost the same at launch as the card that nV has had for 6months. Sound good either way. If it cost more then it'd be a waste, but nV had more than 12 months to figure out a card to beat it and ATi's previous mark for near the same price, and yet couldn't do it with the GF8600 series. I don't judge the cards based on how long they take to get here, just whether or not they're worth it when they finally arrive.

Heck if it took Matrox 5 years to get a card here that finally beats the GF8600GTS, X1950Pro, GF7900GS, etc for the same price, then I wouldn't care how delayed it was, as long as now it's selling for the same price or less than it's weaker counterpart, then that's the one to go with now. Nothing for anyone to switch from a GTS over, but if buying a new card and both are on the shelf for the same price then picking anything other than the better performing card is silly.

I have to say, it's nothing special and I'm not 'shocked and awed' by those benchies, but it is competative if they hit their price points, which is usually what sells cards to people who care.
April 25, 2007 1:28:33 AM

Enjoy the koolaid... hopefully it will cool the flames.

I didn't realize that the upper midrange card was the "top of the line" :roll:

March 2007
Quote:
Instead of having them separate, we thought, lets line that up, so we delayed for several weeks," Orton continued, referring to the R600 family as a whole, which AMD now says will come out at the same time (a matter of weeks as opposed to months, according to Richard) instead of just the high-end version.

The R600 will be called Radeon x2900 and will be available in XTX (top of the line), XT, and XL variants.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2099613,00.asp

Feb 2007
Quote:

VR-Zone has learned about some new details on 80nm R600 today and there will be 2 SKUs at launch; XTX and XT. There will be 2 versions of R600XTX;

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4622

Yeah, I guess they weren't spreading FUD That XTX would be available at launch 8)
April 25, 2007 1:39:29 AM

Quote:
The ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT is poised to have a street price approximately the same as the GeForce 8800 GTS, which carries an MSRP of $499.

The linked article says $449.
April 25, 2007 1:48:51 AM

Quote:
Did you guys see the overclocking the "r600" article? If those are real numbers... damnnn

no, sir, where?
April 25, 2007 1:55:39 AM

Hmmm, the 8800GTS 640 is already down around 400, and will probably dip even lower. The XT looks like it will be roughly competitive with the GTX based on these benchies (big advantage in some apps, tiny advantage in others), but may share a price point with it. I, for one, am pretty disappointed by the whole situation. Why the NDA's? Why are these benches leaking out instead of being announced? It just seems odd.

While R600 looks like a fairly capable video card, it isn't shaping up to be the G80 killer I had hoped for. Unless the XTX really rocks the house, which I doubt, I'd imagine it's 10-15% faster than the XT, this launch will be somewhat underwhelming for me.
a b U Graphics card
April 25, 2007 2:05:07 AM

Quote:
Enjoy the koolaid... hopefully it will cool the flames.

You're the dilusional one, I'm reading the links you post, and none of the conclusions you've been making are supported by them. Perhaps you've already had one too many koolaids and have diabetes and can't see anymore, wether poisoned or not. :roll:

Quote:
I didn't realize that the upper midrange card was the "top of the line" :roll:

Didn't know there was an upper midrange, did you middle middle high end? Yeah, cause you really just don't know much about cards or the marketing terms used for them obviously if you think that the XT is upper midrange.

Was the GF7900GTX-256 not 'top of the line' when it launched, even though the GTX-Ultra/512 came out later, but was expected since launch?

If the R600 launches, and at the time, the XT is the top, then it's the Top of the line. Don't see how that's hard to figure out. And even if they mention a future #1 replacement, until it arrives then the XT is the 'top of the line', since the it's the top of the HD2900 lineup until replaced. I could explain it more simply for you but that would require coloured blocks and crayons, and I'd need to go to our day care facilities to get those for you.

March 2007
Quote:
Instead of having them separate, we thought, lets line that up, so we delayed for several weeks," Orton continued, referring to the R600 family as a whole, which AMD now says will come out at the same time (a matter of weeks as opposed to months, according to Richard) instead of just the high-end version.

So the HD2400 and the HD2600 instead of the HD2900. Still don't see any mention of the XT or XTX there. Do you? You use all the size changes to emphasize things to make them seem to confirm your dillusions, but really it just shows that the quotes themselves don't actually provide enough support for what you're saying.

Quote:
The R600 will be called Radeon x2900 and will be available in XTX (top of the line), XT, and XL variants.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2099613,00.asp

Once again, re-read it, that's not a quote of Orton's, that's Extremetech's writers words. Just to help you out, the quotes in the articles are surrounding by these "". Focus on those and it would help you alot in showing what AMD actually said about their product, especially since you're deciding to add your own takes on things based on extrapolating a reviewer's take on things.

Quote:

VR-Zone has learned about some new details on 80nm R600 today and there will be 2 SKUs at launch; XTX and XT. There will be 2 versions of R600XTX;

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4622

'VR-Zone has learned.." ie rumour, once again I can counterpoint your rumours posts with equal rumours that say the R650 65nm XTX will launch in May. Doesn't make it so anymore than your BS posts.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess they weren't spreading FUD That XTX would be available at launch 8)

Yeah, you got Extremetech and VR-Zone there, they were spreading FUD. Once again though show me the official AMD statement about the XTX coming out at the same time as the XT, and more importantly anyone who officially states that the delay of the XTX means a delay of the XT. Because remmeber the most in,portant thing here is your asumption (based on what you proved is nothing) that the XTX delay means the others are delayed. So once again, post something more that the rumours and the journos assumptions, and misreading the actual official statements, but of course put it as something that backs up your statement, not something that you think looks good in big letters.

Google away furiously as I know you are but I don't expect to see much new from you to actually support your statement in any official capacity.

Oh BTW, exaplain again why they can't change the launch strategy either, since really, it's not something that they promised anyone, unless you have the officially press release of that as well.

Good luck with Google, and hey, try ASK.com too just to give yourself a new interface to look at. :twisted:
April 25, 2007 2:10:34 AM

This is my next card. Im buying it 1-2 weeks before Crysis comes out along with the rest of my new computer.
April 25, 2007 2:13:05 AM

Quote:
I'd give them time to see what the xtx can finally do after the drivers are finalized, and you never know, the integrated hdmi stuff etc could become useful at some point

Well, I will of course, but it's still kinda disappointing, you know what I mean? I was P'd off to no extent when they delayed in for the FIRST time, but I imagined they'd really put together something killer with all the extra time. If this thing had come out back in Jan. like it was supposed to, it'd be a much bigger deal, as it is, I don't think it's going to have nearly as much impact.

Hopefully this NDA will expire soon and we'll get some real news. Don't let us down again ATI....AMD....whoever you've become.....
      • 1 / 3
      • Newest
!