Breaking news: K10 benches leaked from Tunisia

Wombat2

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=663&Itemid=1

Could be fake.

All synthetic crap ... but something none the less.

E6400 scores more than twice as much as X2 6000+ in Sandra MM Integer, hard to say how important this bench is in real world performance. E6400 also outperforms dual FX-74's in this bench so 33% more from Barcelona over Kentsfield isnt revolutionary, but 66% MM FP would be impressive if true.

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Beats it in two test? AMD's chips usually hold well in at least one form of testing. Now the other 9 test they probably are breaking even or are at a slight disadvantage.

Could really go either way yet. Then again, monolithic cores have done better then glued cores in the past, so it could really be going for AMD.

Then again, as said, synthetics and real world often are not close enough to compare.

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Was posted elsewhere, but yeah synthetic.

Also a QX6700 scores 298,xxx for integer on the toms charts. So a 3ghz would be around 330,xxx.

AMD claimed 20% more than Intel's top part in int and 50%(?) in float.
That would work out about right.

Thing is though as you said, will this equate to anything, it's benchmarks, and there are benches where netburst is still top.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Could be fake.

E6400 scores more than twice as much as X2 6000+ in Sandra MM Integer, hard to say how important this bench is in real world performance
. E6400 also outperforms dual FX-74's in this bench so 33% more from Barcelona over Kentsfield isnt revolutionary, but 66% MM FP would be impressive if true.
I agree.If those numbers carry over to other benches...looks good(if this site is believable). I just find that SANDRA numbers don't always jive with reality. I feel that way with all processors in SANDRA.

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
fudzilla does actually seem to be a trustworthy site does it not? yeah, some of them are total FUD but most of them arent. i still dont trust the scores tho... 33% and 66% sound tooo exact to be ... lets say " realistic"

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006

Could be fake.

E6400 scores more than twice as much as X2 6000+ in Sandra MM Integer, hard to say how important this bench is in real world performance
. E6400 also outperforms dual FX-74's in this bench so 33% more from Barcelona over Kentsfield isnt revolutionary, but 66% MM FP would be impressive if true.
I agree.If those numbers carry over to other benches...looks good(if this site is believable). I just find that SANDRA numbers don't always jive with reality. I feel that way with all processors in SANDRA.

I have a feeling that the K10 architecture has lower diferences between artificial and real life benchmarks as it is the case for K7 and K8.

Anyway 20% more int perf. for 2.5 GHz Barcelona over 3.0 GHz Intel even in syntetics is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more than Conroe had over K8.

After the recent bleed AMD deserves to smash Intel hands down.

Pippero

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
Sure synthetic benchmarks don't mean much.
But usually, high clock speed inflates synthetic results compared to real world (see Netburst, for example), and memory bandwidth/latency is another important factor which is neglected by number crunching synthetic tests (except those specifically designed to test memory performance).
Barcellona has a lower clock speed than its competitor, and has an overall better memory subsystem, so i wouldn't be too surprised to see it ahead even in real world tests.
But we should wait and see.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Sure synthetic benchmarks don't mean much.
But usually, high clock speed inflates synthetic results compared to real world
(see Netburst, for example), and memory bandwidth/latency is another important factor which is neglected by number crunching synthetic tests (except those specifically designed to test memory performance).
Barcellona has a lower clock speed than its competitor, and has an overall better memory subsystem, so i wouldn't be too surprised to see it ahead even in real world tests.
But we should wait and see.
Yeah, it's always been that way with SANDRA. As an example, take a 2GHz CPU(either brand), overclock it to 3GHz, and the results will be 1.5 times the original(in other words... clock-speed based), not taking FSB/HT speed, mem speed/timings,etc. into account. :x

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
untill this CPU is in the hands of the true testers (non THG people) like us, these are meaningless.

Get production Samples out to market AMD and fast. Make it known that this is here.

you've got people going "well amd doesnt have anything right now, so i'm buying intel".. thats market share they're bleeding by the day.

AMD

GET PRODUCTION SAMPLES OUT! GET REAL BENCHMARKS. GET EXCITEMENT!

carlhungis

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I find it "strange" that faud is somehow exempt to the NDA tha tthe rest of the media was forced to follow. I am not a benchmark expert, but aren't the Sandra benchmarks usually labeled with a year? Like... Sandra 2006 or something? *Assuming that is the case* Couldn't this be another 6 year old benchmark being cherry picked to show the "massive" improvement?

It all seems fishy to me. I don't doubt the validity of the article, I just find the circumstances fishy.

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
I find it "strange" that faud is somehow exempt to the NDA tha tthe rest of the media was forced to follow. I am not a benchmark expert, but aren't the Sandra benchmarks usually labeled with a year? Like... Sandra 2006 or something? *Assuming that is the case* Couldn't this be another 6 year old benchmark being cherry picked to show the "massive" improvement?

It all seems fishy to me. I don't doubt the validity of the article, I just find the circumstances fishy.

Photoshop???

zornundo

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
blah blah blah

People can blow hot air all day long, but numbers in an article don't mean squat. Until a legitimately decent hardware review site gets hold of an actual K10 chip and performs tests, anything else is just plain bullsh*t.

Anybody can post 'K10 is XX% faster than C2D...blah blah blah' and especially coming from a site named fudzilla?? Shall we throw fudzilla in there with the inq?

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
blah blah blah

People can blow hot air all day long, but numbers in an article don't mean squat. Until a legitimately decent hardware review site gets hold of an actual K10 chip and performs tests, anything else is just plain bullsh*t.

Anybody can post 'K10 is XX% faster than C2D...blah blah blah' and especially coming from a site named fudzilla?? Shall we throw fudzilla in there with the inq?

As far as I'm concerned Fudzilla=Inq=Sharikou - all crap sites that spew whatever for hits...

I would pose the same question that Jeff_2087 posed - if the processor is THAT impressive then why the NDA? Why all the secrecy when their financials are already in the toilet? Doesn't seem very wise imo....

wickedmonster

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
A few days ago Fudzilla posted fake CPUZ shot of Barcelona. I think these numbers are fake. They're very vague and not exact. If they're real why not give exact numbers? 33% and 66% sounds suspicious to me. Like he made it up.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
blah blah blah

As far as I'm concerned Fudzilla=Inq=Sharikou - all crap sites that spew whatever for hits...

I would pose the same question that Jeff_2087 posed - if the processor is THAT impressive then why the NDA? Why all the secrecy when their financials are already in the toilet? Doesn't seem very wise imo....Also, if the processor was that strong, why would they give DailyTech a Radeon HD 2900 XT, for them to test on a QX6700?

DailyTech's R600 Benches

The tests were conducted on an Intel D975XBX2 BadAxe2, Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 and 2x1GB DDR2-800 MHz. The operating system on the test system was Windows XP, with a fresh install before benchmarking each card. Testing of the AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT was performed using the 8.361 Catalyst RC4 drivers, while the GeForce 8800 GTS used ForceWare 158.19 drivers.

It seems like AMD's decision-makers are driving them into the ground, with one bad decision after the other. :x

Brutuz

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
Considering the K10's are probably a Production Models atm and people would want a CPU they can relate to, not to mention most AMD CPUs atm would bottleneck a graphics card like that.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Considering the K10's are probably a Production Models atm and people would want a CPU they can relate to, not to mention most AMD CPUs atm would bottleneck a graphics card like that.
The general consensus in the Forumz has been that they haven't revealed the R600 numbers until the same time as Barcelona, so as to not have to bench it on Intel equipment.... which seems very logical. :?

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
The general consensus in the Forumz has been that they haven't revealed the R600 numbers until the same time as Barcelona, so as to not have to bench it on Intel equipment.... which seems very logical. :?

Yes very logical, now cough up some benches for Barcelona and R600 already.

TRENDING THREADS