What happened to my Address bar on Internet Explorer?

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Browsers
  • Windows XP
April 25, 2005 9:29:52 PM

What happened to my Address bar on Internet Explorer?

I am running IE 6.0.
When I logged on today the Address Bar was gone. Previously it was
located under the top bar that contains "File - Edit - View - Favorites
- Tools - Help" and "Back - Forward - Stop - Refresh - Home".
I am able to get an address window on this same bar, but try as I might
I cannot get the address window its own bar underneath.

The only two things different about my computer today as opposed to
yesterday are: (1) yesterday I installed "CleanCache" and (2) yesterday
evening one other person used my computer". I uninstaled CleanCache but
the Address bar is still on the top bar, not in it's own bar.

What can I do?
--
Remove the "Delany" to reply.

More about : happened address bar internet explorer

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:54:05 PM

You might want to try the following:

Right click on that toolbar.
Is there a check mark next to "Lock the Toolbars..."?
If so, click on that line to remove the check mark.
You should now see a dotted bar next to the address box.
Move the mouse pointer so that it's right over that bar.
When the pointer turns into a double sided arrow hold down the
left mouse button and drag the address box down to where you want
it positioned.
Toolbars...".
--
Nepatsfan
"Babel17delany" <Babel17delany@optonline.net> wrote in message
> What happened to my Address bar on Internet Explorer?
>
> I am running IE 6.0.
> When I logged on today the Address Bar was gone. Previously it
> was located under the top bar that contains "File - Edit -
> View - Favorites - Tools - Help" and "Back - Forward - Stop -
> Refresh - Home".
> I am able to get an address window on this same bar, but try as
> I might I cannot get the address window its own bar underneath.
>
> The only two things different about my computer today as
> opposed to yesterday are: (1) yesterday I installed
> "CleanCache" and (2) yesterday evening one other person used my
> computer". I uninstaled CleanCache but the Address bar is
> still on the top bar, not in it's own bar.
>
> What can I do?
> --
> Remove the "Delany" to reply.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:03:25 PM

It worked !
Thank you !

I guess it had to do with someone else using Internet Explorer on my
computer and has nothing to do with CleanCache. I might reinstall
CleanCache, although it did also make booting take longer.
Specifically, Norton AntiVirus & ZoneAlarm took a long time to load.

--
Remove the "Delany" to reply.
Anonymous

Glad to hear that you've got that fixed.

--

!