Computer hanging up on startup.

horricane

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Hei, i got a litlle problem here, sometimes when i start my computer it hangs up or just restarts. I try solving this problem by taking in and out my memory sticks out of the slots and put them back in again, it helps sometimes.. What could the problem be ?

Hei, i got a litlle problem here, sometimes when i start my computer it hangs up or just restarts. I try solving this problem by taking in and out my memory sticks out of the slots and put them back in again, it helps sometimes.. What could the problem be ?

If your system ran fine, stable, and you added any hardware like additional RAM and the hang symptoms started to occur, remove any hardware you added.

horricane

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
yes i did add 1gb a-data 800mhz of ram, but it worked fine in 1 month or something.. The computer runs great, but sometimes it is difficult to turn it on ..

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Could you list your complete system spex so we can see what we are looking at.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
well, and msi motherboard k9vgm-v
Posts like this are why most forums ask (some require) that you list your COMPLETE computer specifications in a signature. That way, people know what they are looking at. ALL of your components are capable of causing issues so, they ALL need to be listed. I assume your PC has a PSU and some drives? Also, list your bios version and any bios settings that relate to voltages, CPU, and memory.