Good PSU to handle OC'ing e6300/6320

eka42

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
Hey guys. I was just wondering, I have a
"SilverStone SST-ST50EF-Plus 500Watt Power Supply with Active PFC- True 80 Plus Efficiency and RoHS"
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=010915&cid=PS.808
I am getting an x1950 XT Sapphire. Gigabyte DS3 p65P, and 2x512 OCZ memory that will be run at 2.1 VOLTS. My question is can my PSU handlie this? And can it handle all this with the 63/6320 OC'd to 2.6/8 ALL on stock cooling. And will this be the bear minimum for the PSU, (after a bit more OC'n itll fail on me) because i wanna be quite safe with it, don't want to overkill, but don't want to be hanging on the fence. Also should i get the 6320 instead of 6300, what are the main weaknesses of it as it has more cache, there HAS to be something worse. Thank you in Advance,

ok ty, btw whats the max i can get w/o damaging or risking too much, on stock cooling, no voltage changs.

Good question. I don't know, I didn't bother with the stock cooler. I would say up to 2.93GHz should be well in the safe zone since the X6800 uses the same stock cooler and is clocked at that speed.

Google for a program called Core Temp and use it to monitor your CPU temps. If your temp go above 65C, then you should really consider a 3rd party HSF. I use the Scythe Ninja and under load my temp is 54C @ 3.0GHz and at stock voltage.