Should I switch with current system or wait to build or buy

Good Day,
I have pieced together the following system. ;

Emachine's T6524 AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.19 GHz / 2GB DDR /A WDC 200GB HDD/ Dual Layer DVD±RW/ Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 / Flash Media Reader / Windows XP Media Center 2005/
I have added the following upgrades
250GB Hitachi HDD a total of 450GB
An extra gig of DDR Ram Total 2.GB of DDR Ram
Nividia Ge-force 7600 GS 512MB
I replaced the stock CPU cooler with an NT04 by Silverstone
I replaced the exhaust Fan with an 120mm LED 3 speed TRICOOL
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (Sound Card)
I've replaced the 300watt PS with a 400watt PS (I still feel light in power)
VIPER 2 Case by XG (see case @XGBOX.COM) I have the Black color case

How much more can I get out of the AMD Athlon 64 3500+ .
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I have passed all the Microsoft scans for the vista program questions is should I wait and build a beefer system in the future.


Motherboard ID 07/21/2005-RS480-SB400-6A666M4DC-00
Motherboard Name MSI RS482M2/RX482M2 (MS-7093)
Bus Type AMD Hammer
Real Clock 200 MHz
Effective Clock 200 MHz
HyperTransport Clock 1000 MHz
Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
Real Clock 199 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 398 MHz
Bandwidth 6366 MB/s
Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 Socket 939
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 240 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset RS482/RX482
Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Micro-Star International

BIOS Information

BIOS Type Award
Award BIOS Type Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message W7184AE7 V0.08 072105 17:48:49
System BIOS Date 07/21/05
Video BIOS Date 04/12/06
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.


cpu information

CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3500
CPU Alias Venice S939
CPU Stepping DH-E6
Instruction Set x86, x86-64, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
Min / Max CPU Multiplier 4x / 11x
L1 Code Cache 64 KB (Parity)
L1 Data Cache 64 KB (ECC)
L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, ECC, Full-Speed)

CPU Physical Info

Package Type 939 Pin uOPGA
Package Size 4.00 cm x 4.00 cm
Transistors 68.5 million
Process Technology 11Mi, 90 nm, CMOS, Cu, SOI
Die Size 84 mm2
Core Voltage 1.100 - 1.450 V
I/O Voltage 1.2 V + 2.5 V
Maximum Power 67.0 W

I have ran the Microsoft scan and pass on all areas for the new VISTA program. Looking at what I have should I wait to get a beefer system.

2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should switch current system wait build
  1. Best answer
    Do not consider Vista until SP1 is released.

    This gives both MS and hardware/software vendors to get everything straight.

    At this point Vista will yield nothing but sorrow.

    At some point moving to Vista will be necessary for the average user as software begins to require Vista. At this point nothing requires Vista, I mean absolutely nothing, but many things will not work with Vista.

    A year from now that balance will have shifted and the OS itself will be more sound. Ask again then.
  2. Thanks for your reply,
    I kinda figured that it would be a while before all the bugs are fixed. This will give me time to decide on what build I will do in the future. I definetly need a new mobo to go with a faster cpu just to get started. Thanks again
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista