Slide Show from Remote Computer?

July 19, 2005 10:30:16 AM

Is there any software that allow me to do a picture slide show directly
from my networked PC (via WIFI)? I can browse the remote PC from the
PDA, but can not get any of the viewer programs I have tried to open
files from the network drive as they only want to select the local
drives.

I am using a Dell Axim X50v.

I have found software that will convert all picture files on the main
PC to a lower resolution and then store on the memory card which can be
placed in the PDA but I was hoping not to need this extra step. I could
setup a web server on my local PC and then use Internet Explorer, but
would prefer not to do this if possible.

I would also like to stream MP3 files from the PC as well.

Thanks,

Matt

--
Remove spam trap if replying directly.
Anonymous

Resco File Explorer will allow you to map network drives on your PPC and
open files stored on remote drives (i.e. photos, music, movies, documents.
etc..)

<matt-news@kascader.co.uk> wrote in message
| Is there any software that allow me to do a picture slide show directly
| from my networked PC (via WIFI)? I can browse the remote PC from the
| PDA, but can not get any of the viewer programs I have tried to open
| files from the network drive as they only want to select the local
| drives.
|
| I am using a Dell Axim X50v.
|
| I have found software that will convert all picture files on the main
| PC to a lower resolution and then store on the memory card which can be
| placed in the PDA but I was hoping not to need this extra step. I could
| setup a web server on my local PC and then use Internet Explorer, but
| would prefer not to do this if possible.
|
| I would also like to stream MP3 files from the PC as well.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Matt
|
| --
| Remove spam trap if replying directly.

July 19, 2005 8:10:16 PM

You could use VNC software to view your PC while it's running the
slideshow, there are free VNC viewers available but I don't know if
any allow you to view the entire PC screen in one go - our VNC software
PTvncGPRS(240*320) or PTvncHiRes(480*640) will let you do so.
There are trial versions on Handango and PocketGear.
We are investigating adding sound streaming to our VNC software
at the moment.

!