cbotiza

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Hi all,
I noticed that Antec cases are lot more expensive that Foxconn ones. Since I am a newbie to the field and want to buy a new system, i'd like to know if it is worth spending more on a Antec case, given that:
- it is uglier than Foxconn's offer (from the point of view of 'look and feel')
- the power supply is separated (and I want to buy an Antec 500W with temperature auto control) - is this worth?

Thanks so much

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I've built 2 systems with Antec cases (Sonata and sonata II). In general, I found them pretty easy to work with, and Antec is one of the few makers where I'd actually trust the power supply that comes with the case. Just a caveat, I've had to RMA the PSU on my Sonata II (it started emitting a low buzz constantly), but the RMA process was very straightforward (did take about 2 weeks though).

UWBandman

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I have worked with multiple models of cases from each company, and on the whole think that Antec cases are of much higher overall quality than the Foxconn cases.
Even the cheaper $60 Antec cases beat almost any Foxconn Ive worked with for build quality, design, layout, clarity/thoroughness of instruction booklet....I could go on, but you get the picture.
If you can in any way afford it, I would recommend going with the Antec.