Solved

Vista + My System = Headache. Please Help!

OK I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have been trying to find drivers (If they exist) for Vista for some of my parts for my computer. These are the following parts:
Motherboard: ABIT AV81.5 socket939 K8
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS 7.1

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the drivers for these parts because my problem is that when I attempt to install World of Warcraft, after I have installed Vista on my computer, at a certain point in installing either the main game or the expansion it will give me a CRC Mismatch error, and I have installed and am currently playing World of Warcraft w/ the expansion on Windows XP right now. So I know it has nothing to do with my memory or hard drive. What I am theorizing though is that my motherboard or my memory or something related has to not be up to date with Vista. I was just wondering if patching these parts with drivers would fix it.

Thanks for the help and sorry if some of my questions are stupid I only know a few things about the insides of my computer, but nothing advanced. :P
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vista system headache help
  1. Best answer
    For your audigy:
    1) 32 & 64 bit

As for your motherboard I doubt that is causing the problem. What video card do you have and what version of drivers are you running on it?
  2. My video card is a GeForce 7800 GS OC I just bought it a couple weeks ago because my old video card went out, but I just use the drivers I found off Nvidia's site. But I didn't reinstall them after I did the clean install though because it seemed to be running fine.
  3. See my whole problem is that if there is nothing wrong with my memory and hard drive and my motherboard doesn't need any drivers or anything then why am I getting CRC mismatches? That is pretty much the big thing that is bugging me as of now.
  4. Yes I too had a problem with installing WoW on Vista and found it was permissions but it was different to yours, you can always try it I guess or try setting permission elsewhere.

First turn on hidden files then go to C:\programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\World of Warcraft. Then set the security on the folder so everyone has full control. I think it was trying to re write a file and if you look you can see than Windows only gave most things read control over this file.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers World Of Warcraft Windows Vista