Sign in with
Your question

GA-965P-DQ6 discontinued?

Last response: in Overclocking
April 25, 2007 12:08:02 AM

If so, what's replacing it?

More about : 965p dq6 discontinued

April 25, 2007 1:35:29 PM

Is far as I'm able to determine, the rev 1.0 board is discontinued. The rev 2.0 And 3.3 boards seem to still be in manufacture
April 25, 2007 2:20:44 PM

Quote:

8O Where have you heard the the DQ6 has been discontinued :?: :( 

I am waiting on purchasing this MB through Newegg.com and noticed it was out of stock...contacted their Live Chat and they had no date for the inventory to be replaced but they didn't state that the MB was discontinued...it isn't mentioned on the Gigabyte website either.

The MB was out of stock in March as well but it had listed a date of March 26th as being in stock...it was in stock for a coupleof weeks and the reviews started to indicate problems with the MB. I am guessing that it probably had a bad run and they pulled the supply they had. :oops: 

Hopefully this is speculation on your part and not fact...otherwise I have no clue what MB I will use.

Let me know where you heard this.
Thanks, Tim
Related resources
April 25, 2007 7:29:08 PM

I'm also on the lookout for the DQ6 (Rev 3.3) and ClubIT is out of stock on it as well.

As for a comparable motherboard, the other one I was looking at is the DS4 (Rev 3.3). If I'm understanding what I've read, the only real difference between the two is the DS4 doesn't have the "Crazy Cool" back plate which you'd have to remove anyways if you're going to use an aftermarket cooler.
April 25, 2007 9:13:20 PM

I guess the main difference is the North Bridge chipset from a Intel P965 Express on the DQ6 to the NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI on the DS4.

In reading this article I can see the benefits of the 650i. However, which is better.

Could someone explain the difference or the benefits of having a the 650i versus the P965.

Thanks, Tim
April 26, 2007 2:06:23 AM

I found out because I had been waiting for the Intel price drops to order my new system from Mwave. Well, I had my whole config. saved, hit purchase and voila, it said the MB was discontinued! I posted in their forum asking wtf and they verified that yes indeed it is discontinued! They also said that Gigabyte has a replacement coming shortly.
April 26, 2007 2:58:07 AM

Quote:

Hopefully the GA-P35-DQ6 (Bearlake chipset). See this thread.
April 26, 2007 5:40:25 AM

damnit, when are that getting that coolaboratory liquid metal in! I've only been waiting since, forever.
poicked up the a5, works ok. Happy I might even say, but damn, I was gonna order it when it was in stock, and then magically it wasn't
April 26, 2007 5:49:47 AM

...had to install video drivers, but back to the subject, if your in cali you can go to Fry's in Anaheim and they have one there w/a ds3 in it for 229? on disco, cheers mate.
April 26, 2007 1:29:29 PM

I would still like the GA-P965-DQ6 but would gladly take the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6. Looking to board up indicates 220 Euro...roughly $290US...a little steep. This board isn't listed anywhere on the Gigabyte website.

Couple of questions:
- When do you think this board will be available in the states?
- Would you get this board when it first comes available?
- What memory would you use (I plan Corsair)?
- What are your thoughts?

Tim
April 29, 2007 4:37:08 PM

Quote:
I would still like the GA-P965-DQ6 but would gladly take the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6. Looking to board up indicates 220 Euro...roughly $290US...a little steep. This board isn't listed anywhere on the Gigabyte website.

Couple of questions:
- When do you think this board will be available in the states?
Tim

-It will probably be out in a month or so. Probably no sooner than mid-May or later than the end of June. But these are just guesses.
Quote:
- Would you get this board when it first comes available?

-No. I would wait at least a couple of weeks for the first adopters to report back. Look how many complained about rev 1.0 of the 965-DS3 and DQ6.
Quote:
- What memory would you use (I plan Corsair)?

-I would wait to see what people were having success with. There's no one brand guaranteed compatability with every mobo. The first revs of the P965 boards were very picky about RAM, but the later revs became much more forgiving. Nobody knows if the P35 will be picky like that too.
Quote:
"- What are your thoughts?"

-I think it's lunch time :D  No seriously the board looks like it should rock but I would wait and see a few weeks and let somebody else beta test it for Gigabyte rather than me. Especially since it will probably be expensive.

Quote:
Here's a link to a nice pic of the GA-P35-DQ6:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/specHR/images/P35-DQ6-lg.jpg

Cool, nice find. Maybe a sign that they'll be on sale sooner rather than later.
May 2, 2007 6:28:27 AM

there is the 680i dq6 and the p35 dq6. the p35t dq6 supports ddr3 memory. the p35 chipset has support for crossfire with 16x16 bandwidth.

i still think the p965 dq6 is still in production, but is currently under revision.
May 2, 2007 11:08:27 AM

Quote:
Here's a link to the manual for the GA-P35-DQ6:
http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Support/Motherboard/Manual_...

Azzdude,
I saw the Motherboard manual 8) on the Gigabyte site yesterday along with the F2 & F3 bios and updated SATA RAID drivers...here are the links.

I printed out the manual yesterday and read it...I guess Gigabyte realized the "Crazy Cool" was not needed by most as they give instructions on page sixteen on how to remove the plate to allow installation of a non-Intel CPU cooler. :o 

I guess this will no longer void the warranty. :wink: Good to see they were listening.
Tim
!