One last question

Has anyone figured out how to shoot a rifle from a helo such as a MH-6?

Boyce and Courtney wrote:
> Has anyone figured out how to shoot a rifle from a helo such as a MH-6?

Why?
Do you think you would actually be able to hit anything with a rifle
while travelling at high speed on 10,000 vibrating rivets trying to fly
in formation?

TJ

But I did figure out how to make a helo that you CAN snipe from, try to find
the BAS MH47E addon.

You can make it hover stationary, get out of your seat, shoot at what you
want, load weapons etc, then get it to move away.

I /was/ going to include it in thr BAS MH60, but the actual platform area
was so small as to make it unpractical.

But as mort says, finring anything but supressive fire from LMGs or the
onboard m134's would be anything but effective from a moving chopper.
Its hard enough shooting a rifle or even a shotgun from a slowly moving
platform, let alone something moving at 80 knots +!! (and yes, I HAVE tried
it :))

"Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
> Boyce and Courtney wrote:
> > Has anyone figured out how to shoot a rifle from a helo such as a MH-6?
> >

> Why?
> Do you think you would actually be able to hit anything with a rifle
> while travelling at high speed on 10,000 vibrating rivets trying to fly
> in formation?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> But I did figure out how to make a helo that you CAN snipe from, try to
> find
> the BAS MH47E addon.
>
> You can make it hover stationary, get out of your seat, shoot at what you
> want, load weapons etc, then get it to move away.
>
> I /was/ going to include it in thr BAS MH60, but the actual platform area
> was so small as to make it unpractical.
>
> But as mort says, finring anything but supressive fire from LMGs or the
> onboard m134's would be anything but effective from a moving chopper.
> Its hard enough shooting a rifle or even a shotgun from a slowly moving
> platform, let alone something moving at 80 knots +!! (and yes, I HAVE
> tried
> it :))

Obviously you weren't close enough to it :)

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

TJ wrote:
> But I did figure out how to make a helo that you CAN snipe from, try to find
> the BAS MH47E addon.
>
> You can make it hover stationary, get out of your seat, shoot at what you
> want, load weapons etc, then get it to move away.
>
> I /was/ going to include it in thr BAS MH60, but the actual platform area
> was so small as to make it unpractical.

They could really do with converting those BAS helo addons and your
scripting functionality for fastroping and ladder extraction to VBS. The
VBS Blackhawk/Pavehawk/S70 and CH47 and fastroping scripts are pale and
inadequate imitations!