Sign in with
Your question

Vista compatability issue

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 4, 2007 8:59:17 PM

Since I have loaded Vista, sometimes the computer will not come out of sleep mode and sometimes when it does, the moniter stays in sleep mode. Is this a compatability issue with the motherboard? Any suggestions? Other than that, everything is going well. Enjoying Vista.

Motherboard Asus M2N4- SLI
AMD 64x2 3800
2- 1G Kingston Ram
320 Seagate 7200 Baracuda
Gforce 6800GS
February 15, 2007 10:31:04 PM

Which Nvidia drivers are you using?

There is known issues with current Nvidia drivers and Vista not allowing the monitor to come up when resuming from stand-by.

I would also check your bios settings and update the bios to your current version if you haven't already.
m
l
February 16, 2007 1:10:09 PM

The ASUS forums have some pretty good suggestions, but start out with the BIOS settings for Power Savings and Sleep. Things like Plug 'n Play OS, etc., causes problems on top of the mentioned NVidia driver situation.
m
l
February 16, 2007 4:36:54 PM

Quote:
Since I have loaded Vista, sometimes the computer will not come out of sleep mode and sometimes when it does, the moniter stays in sleep mode. Is this a compatability issue with the motherboard? Any suggestions? Other than that, everything is going well. Enjoying Vista.

Motherboard Asus M2N4- SLI
AMD 64x2 3800
2- 1G Kingston Ram
320 Seagate 7200 Baracuda
Gforce 6800GS

Disable sleep mode and just have the monitor turn off. If your running a process like downloading with FTP, Torren, etc. Vista will sleep and pause any transfers. So to me this is something to turn off.
m
l
!