PunjabiFinEST88

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2006
Hi ,
lately other users were not able to use windows live messenger on my computer and it only worked on my login ; so i came across this article that talked about Reseting the entire registry permissions to defaults. Link: http://winonline.blogspot.com/2005/...

However after doing all those steps , my windows messenger live problem was fine, everyone could login on their own account.. but then when i tried installing a program , i came across this error :
"Error 1719, Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify that it is properly registered and enabled."

So what can i do to fix this problem ?
I tried reinstalling MSI but no luck and i know it is enabled.

I think it is something in the registry because it did not happen before and only happend after running that reg fix

Now im not sure what to do , can someone please help me

BTW is there a alternative installer instead of using MSI

THANK YOU

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Do a Repair install.

Pop in your cd - boot to it - hit Enter at the first repair screen - hit R at the next. Do NOT boot to the cd the next two restarts.

PunjabiFinEST88

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2006
hmm thanks i was thinking that , so if i do xp repair ; will it fix everything cuz my registry got messed up.

I can format my computer but then i dont want to because i got so many programs installed and customized theme.