Sign in with
Your question

Ati cards are bad and so is overclockers.co.uk

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
January 19, 2012 1:51:42 PM

ok so i got a Asus ATI 6770 for xmas couldnt be happier then 7 days ago it decided to stop working so i couldnt even install windows and had to be taken to hospital due to extremely high anxuiety and stress levels cos of illnesses, and so i phoned over clockers and alll i can get is a replacement as its over 28 days old and if i send it back to them for testing there going to charge ME £12.50 inc VAT, this is from the email

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A £12.50 + ALL SHIPPING COSTS INCLUDING COLLECTION CHARGES IF APPLICABLE+ VAT CHARGE FOR ANY ITEMS TESTED 'NO FAULT FOUND'. THIS CHARGE ONLY APPLIES TO ITEMS RETURNED FOR TESTING.

A summary of our terms and conditions can be found below.
1. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL RETURNED PRODUCTS WILL BE INSPECTED FOR DAMAGE CAUSED BY POOR HANDLING OR MISUSE. FURTHERMORE, ALL LGA (LINE GRID ARRAY) AND AMD SOCKET MOTHERBOARDS WILL BE CHECKED FOR BENT OR DAMAGED PINS, MISSING SOCKET PROTECTORS, THERMAL PASTE OR ANY OTHER CONTAMINATION INSIDE THE CPU SOCKET. ANY PRODUCTS FOUND TO HAVE ANY EVIDENCE OF MISUSE, DAMAGE OR POOR HANDLING WILL BE DEEMED WARRANTY VOID, WILL BE RETURNED AND BE SUBJECT TO A £12.50 + RETURN SHIPPING + VAT CHARGE.

Im not gonna send it back cos it will cost me £12.50 to send it to them and another £12.50 for them to send it back if it has no faults and i have to PAY VAT ontop of that and the shipping cost so i bet id have to spend £50+ jsut to return the shitty card id rather not bother i have a geforce 8800gt that i bought from some guy on ebay and its been working for years do not shop at overclockers they rip you off with prices and also there contact numbers are expensive too as ther 10p per min 0871 numbers, next time il buy a graphics card im getting it off ebay, its funny how a random seller is more reliable than overclockers.co.uk and nvidia reccomend them as resellers, if your looking for pc stuff go to amazon or ebuyer but stay clear of overclockers they sucks
January 19, 2012 1:56:38 PM

There not ripping you off... its takes time for an engineer to test the graphics card, your paying for that service, besides which they will refund you the delivery cost if its found faulty. I don't know of a company that don't charge to test goods.

Why not just test the card in another PC yourself, then if it is faulty and you have to return it you'll know you will get a replacement card or a credit/refund.
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:02:39 PM

yeah u think i have the money for a 2nd computer we are not all rich like you and im never buying ati again il stick with my 8800gt it runs a little hot but its nothing a fan wont sort out and it doesnt make my pc crash, im not paying them to look at my card to send out a replacement im not even gonna use, ATI sucks nvidia is way better, theres a reason ati are cheap cos there garbage prolly made from old 3dfx cards
m
l
Related resources
January 19, 2012 2:09:00 PM

You could obviously just test the card in someone elses PC, you don't need your own second PC...

Your comments are completely unfounded

Just trolling
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:19:29 PM

ok lets start some testing in your own pc.
1st explain what is the problem, have you tried 8800 to install windows
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:26:13 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Opinions and Experiences by Mousemonkey
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:52:29 PM

im on windows now my pc is fine its the crap ati card thats not fine
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:52:41 PM

my geforce card isfine
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:56:57 PM

Sell your pc, buy an xbox, there problem solved.

Just kidding, anyhow, you might want to explain WHAT the problem is. Saying its all ATIs fault blah blah blah doesn't help us in the slightest, what is it doing, black screening, artifacting, not booting up at all, are the power connectors connected?
m
l
January 19, 2012 3:09:16 PM

ok i got my 6770 for xmas it worked fine then and 1 week ago the fan stopped working
m
l
January 19, 2012 3:55:03 PM

op, perhaps you might have gotten a little more respect and a little more help if you cease your obvious trolling.

i've owned both nvidia and ati products in the past and i can tell you for a fact that issues can happen with both. sometimes electronics just develop issues like this regardless of brand.

as far as the return policy goes... that treatment is pretty standard.

do as someone said and put the card into another pc. you do have friends with computers correct? if you are unable to... try the 2nd pcie slot and see if that works. if the card is still dead then it most likely does have some issue and can be returned for a replacement (or refund).
m
l
January 19, 2012 3:56:08 PM

Ah, what you can do is just ring 'em up and say and say the fan isn't working anymore, see if they can work with you on how to get that resolved (if you can return to original purchaser rather then the manufacturer do that as they might have better customer service

I bought a monitor once, it was defective, they wanted me to pay shipping both ways, same thing with a gtx 560 ($25 for both items individually) both times I rang up newegg and they took care of it, paid for my shipping and everything :) 

but fans die all the time, and of course its not going to work if the fan isn't spinning -.- saying ATI is a bad company for things no one can control is just blatant name calling

also ask if you need to pay return shipping if you want a refund/replacement, sometimes they don't make you pay shipping if you ask for a refund or store credit or something :D 
m
l
!