Operation Flashpoint Problem (please help)

Hi Everyone,

Ok, I've managed to get Operation Flashpoint loaded onto my new setup,
but I've discovered a very annoying problem, "the game keeps exiting in
mid multi-player game"

When I say exiting i mean it shuts the whole program down and goes back
to windows, very distressing I must add when your just about to take
your mates town with a barrage of tanks and hinds.

Anyway, I never had this problem on my old system (P3) "snigger" and all
my drivers for my graphics card and the 1.96 patch is upto date.

From what I can remember i was pressing the tab key just before it did
it the last time round but I'm not sure that it's that.

Can anyone help me because I love this game so much on multi player,
I've tried google with no results.

I'm running a Geforce 6600GT card on a shuttle xps with amd 3200+ and
1gb ram

Thanks

Pete

Were you playing a CTI game? I've had that problem with CTI missions.

I can never get past 15 minutes in a CTI. Very disappointing!

--Uzi

"REMOVE" <"turismo(REMOVE)"@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Ok, I've managed to get Operation Flashpoint loaded onto my new setup, but
> I've discovered a very annoying problem, "the game keeps exiting in mid
> multi-player game"
>
> When I say exiting i mean it shuts the whole program down and goes back to
> windows, very distressing I must add when your just about to take your
> mates town with a barrage of tanks and hinds.
>
> Anyway, I never had this problem on my old system (P3) "snigger" and all
> my drivers for my graphics card and the 1.96 patch is upto date.
>
> From what I can remember i was pressing the tab key just before it did it
> the last time round but I'm not sure that it's that.
>
> Can anyone help me because I love this game so much on multi player, I've
> tried google with no results.
>
> I'm running a Geforce 6600GT card on a shuttle xps with amd 3200+ and 1gb
> ram
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Uziyahu wrote:
> Were you playing a CTI game? I've had that problem with CTI missions.
>
> I can never get past 15 minutes in a CTI. Very disappointing!
>
> --Uzi
>
> "REMOVE" <"turismo(REMOVE)"@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Everyone,
>>
>>Ok, I've managed to get Operation Flashpoint loaded onto my new setup, but
>>I've discovered a very annoying problem, "the game keeps exiting in mid
>>multi-player game"
>>
>>When I say exiting i mean it shuts the whole program down and goes back to
>>windows, very distressing I must add when your just about to take your
>>mates town with a barrage of tanks and hinds.
>>
>>Anyway, I never had this problem on my old system (P3) "snigger" and all
>>my drivers for my graphics card and the 1.96 patch is upto date.
>>
>>From what I can remember i was pressing the tab key just before it did it
>>the last time round but I'm not sure that it's that.
>>
>>Can anyone help me because I love this game so much on multi player, I've
>>tried google with no results.
>>
>>I'm running a Geforce 6600GT card on a shuttle xps with amd 3200+ and 1gb
>>ram
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Pete

Erm whats CTI m8?

its a made up level anyway, the one on everon where you capture towns
and get $5000 per 5 seconds for each town you take to buy weapons and
tanks etc

Pete

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

G wrote:
> my guess since your running a hotter system now, it's heat....
> so ur vid card shuts off the game...

Well I was playing this for over an hour last night on sp and it was
fine, plus games like far cry and doom 3 need far more computing power
and they are ok for well over an hour or until I get tired of them

Pete

unkn2232324

well OFP is very intense on memory and CPU then vid card...
can u find out what your vid card temp is during a game?
or your case temp?
Same goes for your MB, cpu or memory?...

Yeah!

CTI

Capture the Island...

They are very CPU intensive and require lots of bandwidth once you have
oompteen thousand units on the map, at once.

Those are the ones where I always loose connection or Crash To Desktop so
many minutes into the game.

--Uzi

"Pete" <turismo@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Uziyahu wrote:
>> Were you playing a CTI game? I've had that problem with CTI missions.
>>
>> I can never get past 15 minutes in a CTI. Very disappointing!
>>
>> --Uzi
>>
>> "REMOVE" <"turismo(REMOVE)"@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>>Ok, I've managed to get Operation Flashpoint loaded onto my new setup,
>>>but I've discovered a very annoying problem, "the game keeps exiting in
>>>mid multi-player game"
>>>
>>>When I say exiting i mean it shuts the whole program down and goes back
>>>to windows, very distressing I must add when your just about to take your
>>>mates town with a barrage of tanks and hinds.
>>>
>>>Anyway, I never had this problem on my old system (P3) "snigger" and all
>>>my drivers for my graphics card and the 1.96 patch is upto date.
>>>
>>>From what I can remember i was pressing the tab key just before it did it
>>>the last time round but I'm not sure that it's that.
>>>
>>>Can anyone help me because I love this game so much on multi player, I've
>>>tried google with no results.
>>>
>>>I'm running a Geforce 6600GT card on a shuttle xps with amd 3200+ and 1gb
>>>ram
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Pete
>>

> Erm whats CTI m8?
>
> its a made up level anyway, the one on everon where you capture towns and
> get $5000 per 5 seconds for each town you take to buy weapons and tanks
> etc
>
> Pete

You were playing a CTI mission. My guess is that is the problem.

>G wrote:
>> my guess since your running a hotter system now, it's heat....
>> so ur vid card shuts off the game...
>>

> Well I was playing this for over an hour last night on sp and it was fine,
> plus games like far cry and doom 3 need far more computing power and they
> are ok for well over an hour or until I get tired of them
>
> Pete

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Uziyahu wrote:
> You were playing a CTI mission. My guess is that is the problem.
>
> --Uzi
>
> "Pete" <turismo@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>G wrote:
>>
>>>my guess since your running a hotter system now, it's heat....
>>>so ur vid card shuts off the game...
>>>

>>Well I was playing this for over an hour last night on sp and it was fine,
>>plus games like far cry and doom 3 need far more computing power and they
>>are ok for well over an hour or until I get tired of them
>>
>>Pete

ok cheers guys, very helpful :)

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

G wrote:
> well OFP is very intense on memory and CPU then vid card...
> can u find out what your vid card temp is during a game?
> or your case temp?
> Same goes for your MB, cpu or memory?...

The case temp is around 50 degrees and the graphics card goes from 58
and ive seen it at 80 when ive come out of games like far cry, I hear
the auto fan adjusting also when I'm in games, it speeds up a little,
bad designs on these shuttles tho because the graphics card fan is right
up against the case side as the AGP slot is right on the edge, it has
the effect of putting your hand over the hose of a hoover.

I dont know if these temps are right? it's a Geforce 6600 GT card, it's
been running ok since I built it in January, although the whole case
runs a little warm, Processor is a AMD 3200+ CPU

Pete

unkn2232324

JESUS!
50 fricken degrees??????
is that F. or C., gotta be C.

50C is 122F
80C is 176F

If it's 50F, dear god you got an airconditionar a-fixed to your PC??
Not even water cooling goes that LOW...

My case is at 95F now.
My CPU is at 100F.
My vid card is at 119F.
I've got 9 fans on this rig keeping it cool....
7x80mm & 2x120mm fans that is...

Oh hey, r u running ECP by chance in OFP?
How many addons do have in your folder, talking size here...

Yeah that air flow is very important for your whole case. That vid card
sounds like it could be better with a hole or different case...
You must mean Celsius in your temps....

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:yMvSd.105532
> Yeah!
>
> CTI
>
> Capture the Island...
>
> They are very CPU intensive and require lots of bandwidth once you have
> oompteen thousand units on the map, at once.
>
> Those are the ones where I always loose connection or Crash To Desktop so
> many minutes into the game.

Shame about the Crash To Desktops :(

Although these crashes really only happen to me when I'm running ECP. Also
(annoyingly), I get kicked from public CTI servers if the admin notices that
I'm running ECP...

And I only run ECP so that I get decent explosions and gun kick-back sound
effects - have you heard them? They sound so intensely cool!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Get a case with a good airflow in it. Big vents and plenty of holes - not so
many in the sides and more in the front than in the back (ideally).

Try to aim for a slightly elevated pressure inside the case by having more
fans blowing in than out.

Get the fans blowing in from the front-bottom and out through the rear-top.

I also have two fans in the case side blowing out - i guess this contravenes
my elevated pressure rule, but it keeps the cards cool :p

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

My WC system runs at 49 degrees celcius at full computing power, that is UD
(crunching for the good cause) WILE playing OFP.

When I set my system idle it is all around 37 degrees Celsius. CPU and GPU.

Specs : AMD64 - 3200, NVidia 5950 Ultra, both overclocked to the max. (10%
CPU, 15% GPU)

WC : CPU, Northbridge, GPU, PSU and Harddrive.. Only the memory isn't cooled
(yet).

The only issue I have is using Nvidia's 66.93.. It BSOD's on me.. 61.77 is
very fine, no problems at all.

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> JESUS!
> 50 fricken degrees??????
> is that F. or C., gotta be C.
>
> 50C is 122F
> 80C is 176F
>
> If it's 50F, dear god you got an airconditionar a-fixed to your PC??
> Not even water cooling goes that LOW...
>
> My case is at 95F now.
> My CPU is at 100F.
> My vid card is at 119F.
> I've got 9 fans on this rig keeping it cool....
> 7x80mm & 2x120mm fans that is...
>
> Oh hey, r u running ECP by chance in OFP?
> How many addons do have in your folder, talking size here...
>
> Yeah that air flow is very important for your whole case. That vid card
> sounds like it could be better with a hole or different case...
> You must mean Celsius in your temps....

Oh, and I can't hear my system :)
9 fans must be HUGE noise.. I have to check the light every time to check if
my system is still running ;)

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
-
A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of the
lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing through
the minds of either.
-
>> I've got 9 fans on this rig keeping it cool....
>> 7x80mm & 2x120mm fans that is...

TRENDING THREADS