System from hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!

srekrap

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
I am building a new system for my kids and I can't get it up and running.My components are as follows: ASUS P5NSLI MB
An Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.13 ghz
e-GeForce 8800GTS Graphics Card (PCI Express)
2 Gigs of Buffalo DDR Memory
WD 250 Gigabyte SATA HD
Generic Sony DVD burner.

I am not sure what is wrong. I started with a different MB, put everything together, fired it up and it seemed to be working but couldn't get the boot disk to boot. Made some Bios changes and the couldn't get the monitor to video card to work. No picture. Got new MB and put everything together and now it just plain won't start. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Is it a bad Video card? I don't know. I have built one system before and had no problems. This one is killing me. Please help me.

I am building a new system for my kids and I can't get it up and running.My components are as follows: ASUS P5NSLI MB
An Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.13 ghz
e-GeForce 8800GTS Graphics Card (PCI Express)
2 Gigs of Buffalo DDR Memory
WD 250 Gigabyte SATA HD
Generic Sony DVD burner.

I am not sure what is wrong. I started with a different MB, put everything together, fired it up and it seemed to be working but couldn't get the boot disk to boot. Made some Bios changes and the couldn't get the monitor to video card to work. No picture. Got new MB and put everything together and now it just plain won't start. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Is it a bad Video card? I don't know. I have built one system before and had no problems. This one is killing me. Please help me.

I think you are going to need some spare parts to solve your system failing to power on problem. Start by using the basics. Unplug everything except 1 DIMM RAM in slot 1, video card, CPU/HSF. Unplug evrythig else optical drives, harddrives, case fans (not the CPU fan) sound cards, floppy drives everything. Be sure you have the power on lead connected to the power on header on your MB. be sure the power on switch on you case is firmly attached behind the front panel.

You may need spare parts like other RAM, power supply, video card. Just break the systm down to the minimum needed to run like I described above. You might try resetting the CMOS jumper. Unplug the PSU and remove the battery when you reset. Hook a working speaker to the MB speaker header. Take out all the RAM and try and boot. If the system powers on and fails to beep signifying there is no RAM in the system, the MB is bad. You may have the MB shorted out to the case. Rechec the risers in back of the MB to see the boards is not touching the case. Recheck all connections from the PSU. You are likely to need some spare parts like I said. Is the CPU installed properly? Do you know for sure? HTH

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
You might have a problem with the MOBO shorting out on the case/tray. Try what Badge said and work out where the problem is. We are here to help.