Excel All Caps

I have been reformatting spreadsheets that other people have sent me. I have
received some that people have put in all caps. I haven't known how to change
it from all caps to first letter capitalized easily, so I've had to retype
them. Does anyone know if this is possible or if retyping is my only option?
1 answer Last reply
More about excel caps

    Emily N wrote:
    > I have been reformatting spreadsheets that other people have sent me. I have
    > received some that people have put in all caps. I haven't known how to change
    > it from all caps to first letter capitalized easily, so I've had to retype
    > them. Does anyone know if this is possible or if retyping is my only option?

    You probably want to ask this in the Excel forum, not in the XP forum.

    There are Excel functions such as LOWER() which will reduce all
    characters to lower case, and then you'd have to manually change only
    one character. Or PROPER() which will capitalize the first letter of
    each word, and make the rest lower case.

    Good luck...

    Bill

Excel Microsoft Windows XP