Vista ultimate - where is virtual pc express as promised HLP

h2oman

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Please someone tell me where I need to go in windows vista ultimate to find the Virtual PC Express application. Or is all the info out there wrong and only enterprise has it?

h2oman

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Found out that it really isnt done yet. Currently they are beta testing. Sounds like they will include it as a ultimate extra in the near future. So all is not lost yet. However further research shows that driver setups maybe limited so I probably will not be able to run games in XP under virtual. That would have been sweet as opposed to a dual boot. I'll give it a try once its ready just to see.

cheers

weilin

Distinguished
microsoft vitrual pc 2007 works really nice. It's a backwards compatibility dream... I am running the Beta of it right now (god damn 64bit vista business dropped support for 16bit apps....) HOWEVER, it recognizes your pc as a Pentium 3 and reserves approximately 256mb of ram (could be changable never looked) along with generic audio and video... Don't expect to play anything more complicated than solitare on the thing. CPU wise, i think its open. it recognized a e6300 as a 1.8ghz p3... I will run benchmarks with Adobe Premiere when i get a chance.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
This is MS very limited form of a VPC and is only made for limited capabilities by intent. If you want something with a few more options or capabilities, you are looking for something like VMWare. VMWare is sold, but you may find other alternatives that are freeware available out there that has more functionality than what is provided by MS (I just haven't found a good one yet).