scripts

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2005 11:56:42 PM

Would anyone be willing to take a look at a script I have been having
trouble with? I will probably rely on that person's expertise before
posting a new topic on this group. In another words I am looking for
someone who can answer those little questions I have.

Thanks
Boyce

More about : scripts

February 23, 2005 12:09:17 AM

I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of days
before I get to re-read the group though.

TJ

"Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
> Would anyone be willing to take a look at a script I have been having
> trouble with? I will probably rely on that person's expertise before
> posting a new topic on this group. In another words I am looking for
> someone who can answer those little questions I have.
>
> Thanks
> Boyce

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:23:08 AM

TJ is THE guru

TJ is the TJ of BAS fame who made the littlebirds what they are

if'n TJ can't do it

might not be done

"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of days
> before I get to re-read the group though.
>

> TJ
>

> "Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Would anyone be willing to take a look at a script I have been having
>> trouble with? I will probably rely on that person's expertise before
>> posting a new topic on this group. In another words I am looking for
>> someone who can answer those little questions I have.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Boyce

Related resources
February 23, 2005 1:33:20 AM

Hmmm, dont forget the world at large never GOT the littlebirds! :)

"James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> TJ is THE guru
>
> TJ is the TJ of BAS fame who made the littlebirds what they are
>
> if'n TJ can't do it
>
> might not be done
>

> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> > I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of
days
> > before I get to re-read the group though.
> >

> > TJ
> >

> > "Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> Would anyone be willing to take a look at a script I have been having
> >> trouble with? I will probably rely on that person's expertise before
> >> posting a new topic on this group. In another words I am looking for
> >> someone who can answer those little questions I have.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Boyce

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:57:16 AM

Not the real ones...

BAS !!!! Plz release the updates ones ! :)

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> Hmmm, dont forget the world at large never GOT the littlebirds! :)
>

> "James Siegel" <jamess459@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> TJ is THE guru
>>
>> TJ is the TJ of BAS fame who made the littlebirds what they are
>>
>> if'n TJ can't do it
>>
>> might not be done
>>

>> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
>> > I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of
> days
>> > before I get to re-read the group though.
>> >

>> > TJ
>> >

>> > "Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:01:01 PM

Alright here is the script that I came up with. I figured it would be kind
of simple,
Use the Armed MH-6 to shoot the tires out on a civilian car. Once the car
comes to a stop, the helo would land near it.
But I am finding that the helo wants to keep moving on to the next waypoint.
I even tried synch'ing the scripting trigger to the waypoints
but that didnt work either. Maybe getting the helo to stop and move to the
car is harder than I thought it would be.
anyways, here is the script

I didnt worry about the _unitname variable just yet I figured I would just
use the names of the units from the mission
(looking back on this I realize maybe that was my problem), anyways, in the
mission PC is an empty car that a civilian gets into, and littlebird1 is an
Armed MH-6 (BAS) that is carrying a 4-man delta detachment.

#start
_PC = Speed PC
@ _PC = 0
_spot = pos PC

;and this is the part that tells everyone in the chopper to getout

LittleBird1 domove _spot
LittleBird1 land Getout
exit
"TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of days
> before I get to re-read the group though.
>

> TJ
>

> "Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Would anyone be willing to take a look at a script I have been having
>> trouble with? I will probably rely on that person's expertise before
>> posting a new topic on this group. In another words I am looking for
>> someone who can answer those little questions I have.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Boyce

February 24, 2005 1:40:32 AM

Ah ok.

Weeeeell, there's quite a few things there that need 'fixing', but rather
than do that, try this script. But first of all you need to RUN the script
in the first place. I would do that from INIT.SQS. Just create a file called
INIT.SQS and place it in your mission folder.
In that put this line:

PC exec "Tracking.sqs"

And now create "TRACKING.SQS" and put into your mission folder too.
These lines should work, I think you will see where they are going. Oh, and
get rid of the waypoints for the helicopter, they are clumsy at best, and
unworkable at worst.

;establish state of car and if intact make the helo track and attack it.
LittleBird1 dotarget PC
#start
_carpos = (getpos PC)
~3
?(getdammage PC)<= 0.2 || abs (speed PC > 0): LittleBird1 domove _carpos;
goto "start"

_gunner = (gunner LittleBird1)
LittleBird1 domove (getpos PC)

@ (LittleBird1 distance PC) <=30

LittleBird1 land "Getout"
@ (getpos LittleBird1 select 2) <5
_gunner action ["EJECT"]
unassignVehicle _gunner

_gunner domove (getpos PC)

Exit

Try that and see how you get on, just try sitting in the back of the helo to
observe what happens.
I havent written any scripts for a looooong time now so am a little rusty,
but that should work I think.
Its a pity we (BAS) didnt get to release the new LBs we made. I made them so
that you could drop off motorbikes (complete with riders), or you could
click anywhere on the map and the pilot would fly there for you and fast
rope out all the crew. Or you could call one in for Close Air Support, or
just click on the map so that it would come and pick you up for extraction.
It had throwable flashing strobes for night time extraction, and all new
smoke and particle effects, not to mention fabulous new textures by Ebud and
highly realistic modelling changes by Deadmeat.................oh well.

"Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
news:p M1Td.17629$%U2.14768@lakeread01...
> Alright here is the script that I came up with. I figured it would be
kind
> of simple,
> Use the Armed MH-6 to shoot the tires out on a civilian car. Once the car
> comes to a stop, the helo would land near it.
> But I am finding that the helo wants to keep moving on to the next
waypoint.
> I even tried synch'ing the scripting trigger to the waypoints
> but that didnt work either. Maybe getting the helo to stop and move to
the
> car is harder than I thought it would be.
> anyways, here is the script
>
> I didnt worry about the _unitname variable just yet I figured I would just
> use the names of the units from the mission
> (looking back on this I realize maybe that was my problem), anyways, in
the
> mission PC is an empty car that a civilian gets into, and littlebird1 is
an
> Armed MH-6 (BAS) that is carrying a 4-man delta detachment.
>
> #start
> _PC = Speed PC
> @ _PC = 0
> _spot = pos PC
>

> ;and this is the part that tells everyone in the chopper to getout
>

> LittleBird1 domove _spot
> LittleBird1 land Getout
> exit
> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> > I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of
days
> > before I get to re-read the group though.
> >

> > TJ
> >

> > "Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> Would anyone be willing to take a look at a script I have been having
> >> trouble with? I will probably rely on that person's expertise before
> >> posting a new topic on this group. In another words I am looking for
> >> someone who can answer those little questions I have.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Boyce

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:12:59 AM

> Its a pity we (BAS) didnt get to release the new LBs we made. I made them
> so
> that you could drop off motorbikes (complete with riders), or you could
> click anywhere on the map and the pilot would fly there for you and fast
> rope out all the crew. Or you could call one in for Close Air Support, or
> just click on the map so that it would come and pick you up for
> extraction.
> It had throwable flashing strobes for night time extraction, and all new
> smoke and particle effects, not to mention fabulous new textures by Ebud
> and
> highly realistic modelling changes by Deadmeat.................oh well.

And deploy a camo net so the choppers are hidden, a high and low profile AT6
so you can sit behind a hill and shoot any armour on the other side because
the AT will go OVER the hill, an AA LB....IIRC there where 6 different
types....

We had soo much fun testing them.... And we still want them :)

Neddy, proud ex-beta tester for BAS.
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 2:14:47 PM

Alright I plugged it in just like you had said and it gave me some errors,
so I re-wrote my script to look like yours.
this is what it looks like now

#start
_PC = (abs Speed PC)
_PCpos = (getpos PC)
_pcDAM = (getdammage PC)

? ((_pcdam <= 0.5) && (_PC > 5)): {littlebird1 domove _PCpos}
~3
? ((_pcdam <= 0.5) && (_PC > 5)): goto "start"

;and this is the part that tells everyone in the chopper to getout

#land
_dis = littlebird1 distance PC
? (_dis > 1) : {littlebird1 domove _PCpos}
@ (LittleBird1 distance PC) < 1

LittleBird1 land "Getout"
exit

> [...]
>> just
>> use the names of the units from the mission
>> (looking back on this I realize maybe that was my problem), anyways, in
> the
>> mission PC is an empty car that a civilian gets into, and littlebird1 is
> an
>> Armed MH-6 (BAS) that is carrying a 4-man delta detachment.
>>
>> #start
>> _PC = Speed PC
>> @ _PC = 0
>> _spot = pos PC
>>

>> ;and this is the part that tells everyone in the chopper to getout
>>

>> LittleBird1 domove _spot
>> LittleBird1 land Getout
>> exit
>> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
>> > I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of
> days
>> > before I get to re-read the group though.

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:20:37 PM

I heard that a setWPPos might work in this case. what do you think?

Boyce

> [...]
>> just
>> use the names of the units from the mission
>> (looking back on this I realize maybe that was my problem), anyways, in
> the
>> mission PC is an empty car that a civilian gets into, and littlebird1 is
> an
>> Armed MH-6 (BAS) that is carrying a 4-man delta detachment.
>>
>> #start
>> _PC = Speed PC
>> @ _PC = 0
>> _spot = pos PC
>>

>> ;and this is the part that tells everyone in the chopper to getout
>>

>> LittleBird1 domove _spot
>> LittleBird1 land Getout
>> exit
>> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
>> > I'll try to help, post it up under this thread. Might be a couple of
> days
>> > before I get to re-read the group though.

March 4, 2005 3:02:24 AM

as I say, I never use WP for choppers, they disobey them far too much.

> [...]
> >> but that didnt work either. Maybe getting the helo to stop and move to
> > the
> >> car is harder than I thought it would be.
> >> anyways, here is the script
> >>
> >> I didnt worry about the _unitname variable just yet I figured I would
> >> just
> >> use the names of the units from the mission
> >> (looking back on this I realize maybe that was my problem), anyways, in
> > the
> >> mission PC is an empty car that a civilian gets into, and littlebird1
is
> > an
> >> Armed MH-6 (BAS) that is carrying a 4-man delta detachment.
> >>
> >> #start
> >> _PC = Speed PC
> >> @ _PC = 0
> >> _spot = pos PC
> >>

> >> ;and this is the part that tells everyone in the chopper to getout

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:03:22 AM

I finally tried a do move command loop and it seems to work pretty good.
Now I am working on a road block. do you know how to get a group of people
to target a specific target? I can make the leader of the group shoot at
the approaching car but not the rest of the men in the group. Thanks

Boyce

> [...]
>> > Its a pity we (BAS) didnt get to release the new LBs we made. I made
> them
>> > so
>> > that you could drop off motorbikes (complete with riders), or you could
>> > click anywhere on the map and the pilot would fly there for you and
>> > fast
>> > rope out all the crew. Or you could call one in for Close Air Support,
> or
>> > just click on the map so that it would come and pick you up for
>> > extraction.
>> > It had throwable flashing strobes for night time extraction, and all
>> > new
>> > smoke and particle effects, not to mention fabulous new textures by
>> > Ebud
>> > and
>> > highly realistic modelling changes by Deadmeat.................oh well.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:07:07 AM

also since you worked on the littlebirds I am having trouble making the AI
select the Zuni rockets, I am thinking there was a typo when the readme was
written for the last version of the littlebirds from BAS does anyone know
what it is?
I have even tried removing all the weapons and adding just the rockets but
it doesnt work.

Thanks
Boyce

> [...]
>> > Its a pity we (BAS) didnt get to release the new LBs we made. I made
> them
>> > so
>> > that you could drop off motorbikes (complete with riders), or you could
>> > click anywhere on the map and the pilot would fly there for you and
>> > fast
>> > rope out all the crew. Or you could call one in for Close Air Support,
> or
>> > just click on the map so that it would come and pick you up for
>> > extraction.
>> > It had throwable flashing strobes for night time extraction, and all
>> > new
>> > smoke and particle effects, not to mention fabulous new textures by
>> > Ebud
>> > and
>> > highly realistic modelling changes by Deadmeat.................oh well.

March 22, 2005 2:12:25 AM

Sorry, I had nothing to do with the released Littlebirds. all my work was
concentrated on the new ones which we did not release.

To assign targets to all in a group (although it SHOULD) be automatic, make
sure the group is in combat mode, then try a line like;

"_x dotarget CARNAME" foreach units (group name of leader)

> also since you worked on the littlebirds I am having trouble making the AI
> select the Zuni rockets, I am thinking there was a typo when the readme
was
> written for the last version of the littlebirds from BAS does anyone know
> what it is?
> I have even tried removing all the weapons and adding just the rockets but
> it doesnt work.
>
> Thanks
> Boyce
>

> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message
> > as I say, I never use WP for choppers, they disobey them far too much.
> >

> > "Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> I heard that a setWPPos might work in this case. what do you think?
> >>

> >> Boyce
> >>
> >> "TJ" <who@where.com> wrote in message

> > rather
> > script

Oh,
> > and

> > _carpos;

> > helo
> > rusty,
> > them
Support,
> > or

> > is

> > having
> > before
> > for

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:36:16 PM

Hi,

I finally finished working on my vehicle interdiction script and I was
wondering if you wanted to take a look at it. Unfortunately I have loaded
up the mission with a bunch of addons, so if its too much trouble to check
it, then I understand. But anyways, I was hoping you would take a look at
the script anyways. let me know what you think and i can email you the
mission or just the script.

you were right. helos are a bi-otch to control. I realized that the
mission is very non dependant on a player. each person in the mission plays
a small part, but together all of them are doing alot capturing the badguy.
so right now I am trying to learn how to write cutscenes so it will look
like a good movie clip.

if you have ever seen blackhawk down then you will recognize the tactics
used here. I went ahead and made the AH-6's do some shooting, but that was
just for effects. anyways, let me know and I will send whatever you need.
"Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote in message
> Would anyone be willing to take a look at a script I have been having
> trouble with? I will probably rely on that person's expertise before
> posting a new topic on this group. In another words I am looking for
> someone who can answer those little questions I have.
>
> Thanks
> Boyce

April 28, 2005 2:43:19 AM

Send Courtney!!!

:p

> "Boyce and Courtney" <isabellarae@cox.net> wrote

anyways, let me know and I will send whatever you need.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 5:59:43 PM

You mean like 'scuttling'?

Didn't the USA 'scuttle' out of Somalia?

To be realleh hip, you should create an animation for
an 'ancient Iraqi Farmer' mod, where he uses his
'first world war rifle' to bring down a 21stC helo...

BUTT!

Respec' to ya, Script Writer!!

«´¨`·.¤º°`°º¤ø*RizlaRangerUK*ø¤º°`°º¤.·´¨`»

Boyce and Courtney skriv in medlingen:

!