That Red "X" in the little white box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger89

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Hi, i am sure this an easy fix but, i use outlook web access for work and when i go to reply to an email, the window pops up, but where to type has that red x. Any ideas? I changed the security and everything on windows vista home premium.

mpjesse

Splendid
YES! I'm having the same fcuking problem. I cannot get into my webmail under Vista. And Firefox isn't cooperating either (actually it never did).

I think I'll try opera right now...

mpjesse

Splendid
OK... good news.

Opera works with Vista and Outlook webmail. It doesn't display everything correctly, but i was able to access all my folders, inbox, and create new messages without an issue.

As for internet explorer, there seems to be a work around. When you log into webmail you usually have the option of "premium or basic." If you choose basic you'll be able to send and reply to messages. But you lose some of the nicer features of outlook webmail. But again, u can still access everything.

Hopefully your company's version of outlook webmail has those two options. If it doesn't, download and use Opera.

gokula

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Try Google Chrome browswer, it seems to work fine too.

I was having the issue with OWA with IE 7 and IE 8 on Vista and then downloaded Google Chrome browser and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.