Outlook Contacts default Number

July 19, 2005 9:35:48 PM

Hi! I have a Samsung PPC6600 2003CDMA and I have a ton of contacts with
different office, mobile, home etc. numbers How do I change the default
number that displays when I hit the contact. It gets hard and unsafe when
I'm driving to have to find the contact hit enter, find the right number and
then scroll again to the correct number. Then get the stylus out and click
the X and start the scrolling process again to call the next person. Most of
these people I call on their mobile numbers so I'd like to just use the
buttons on the phone to scroll then hit enter on their contact name without
having to open the contact to find the right number.

I've gone into Outlook and deleted most of the numbers I don't want and put
them in the order I'd like to see them on my phone but it seems to pick the
number randomly. Some people from work's numbers have their home number
listed first in my PPC contacts and some have the mobile number.

Please help before I crash!

TIA
July 20, 2005 3:43:56 AM

"Brian" <broehm@removemeesiindy.com> wrote in message
> Hi! I have a Samsung PPC6600 2003CDMA and I have a ton of contacts with
> different office, mobile, home etc. numbers How do I change the default
> number that displays when I hit the contact. It gets hard and unsafe when
> I'm driving to have to find the contact hit enter, find the right number
> and then scroll again to the correct number. Then get the stylus out and
> click the X and start the scrolling process again to call the next person.
> Most of these people I call on their mobile numbers so I'd like to just
> use the buttons on the phone to scroll then hit enter on their contact
> name without having to open the contact to find the right number.
>
> I've gone into Outlook and deleted most of the numbers I don't want and
> put them in the order I'd like to see them on my phone but it seems to
> pick the number randomly. Some people from work's numbers have their home
> number listed first in my PPC contacts and some have the mobile number.
>
> Please help before I crash!
>
> TIA

Tap and hold at the right of the contacts list where you see the letter
representing the number type, like "m" for mobile or "h" for home. You will
get a drop down list where you can select the default number for each
contact.

HTH
July 20, 2005 3:43:57 AM

Thank you so much. It's a tricky little thing, if you hold it too long it
goes into the call.... menu .

news:D bk00r$qhj$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

!