Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardJSampson

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2001
I know I should go back to XP, but the thing about that is, my version only supports 2 GB of RAM. Having 4 GB, Vista is my only option right now (and I'll be damned.. I actually really do like the silly, foo-foo interface).

I've solved most of my problems save for the Linksys (won't work) but at least the network controller works. So no WiFi for now.

But what about Coretemp and CPU-Z? I'd like to overclock my system on all that RAM but those crucial utilities don't seem to work in Vista either!

Does anyone know of an accurate temperature-monitor and CPUID utility that would work in Vista??

Solution
Everest should work. CoreTemp seems to work, too, but I didn't let it fully load, so I don't know if that missing data information would show up. Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool and Everest give different temperature readings, so I'm not sure if either one are correct.

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Everest should work. CoreTemp seems to work, too, but I didn't let it fully load, so I don't know if that missing data information would show up. Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool and Everest give different temperature readings, so I'm not sure if either one are correct.

Solution

jonrem

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Yep. Everest works... and it reports that my Iexplore is using 74 Megs of ram. 8O

Wow, I guess it's true that Vista will take however much RAM you throw at it. 4 gigs+ and Vista 64 is going to become the enthusiast standard a little down the road methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.