Teleport Friend Question

Whenever I am TP'd by someone, I always get a prompt to accept or decline.
I've had occasion when I've TP'd people and they've complained that they did
not want to be TP'd as if they had no option. Anybody know why this may be
the case? I have a suspicion that it may be connected to a little checkbox
when accepting to team. Can anyone confirm this?

--
8 Infinity Server 8
Purple Kid - Lvl 25 - M - Magic Blaster - Energy/Energy

    "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
    > Whenever I am TP'd by someone, I always get a prompt to accept or
    > decline. I've had occasion when I've TP'd people and they've
    > complained that they did not want to be TP'd as if they had no option.
    > Anybody know why this may be the case? I have a suspicion that it
    > may be connected to a little checkbox when accepting to team. Can
    > anyone confirm this?

    When you get a team invite, the accept/decline box has a couple of little
    status checks on it. I think they are "accept team gifts" and "accept
    team services" or something like that. The check marks stay wherever you
    set them from team to team. There might also be options in the Options
    menu to set these in advance.

    Poisonally, I find that the following macro works great:

    /macro TTF "g Teleporting $target to <linebreak>
    my location...$$powexec_name Recall Friend"

    ....in that you can pause a moment for them to yell at you before you
    position the teleport ring and click. You could change the text to
    something like "Ready for TP, $target?" too.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    In article <oOKVd.38168$xX3.19752@twister.socal.rr.com>, Hawaii_SE-R wrote:
    > Whenever I am TP'd by someone, I always get a prompt to accept
    > or decline. I've had occasion when I've TP'd people and they've
    > complained that they did not want to be TP'd as if they had no
    > option. Anybody know why this may be the case? I have a
    > suspicion that it may be connected to a little checkbox when
    > accepting to team. Can anyone confirm this?

    It's in the options menu. By default, you accept all invites.
    Tell those that complain to go to options and change it.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 3 Mar 2005 21:19:35 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:

    > It's in the options menu. By default, you accept all invites.
    > Tell those that complain to go to options and change it.

    It's still best to be polite and ask the teleportee if it is all right
    to teleport them, just in case. You can do this easily by binding a
    key to "team $target, may I teleport you?" (or "tell $target, May
    I...") and use it before you activate teleport.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Robotech_Master" <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
    > It's still best to be polite and ask the teleportee if it is all right
    > to teleport them, just in case. You can do this easily by binding a
    > key to "team $target, may I teleport you?" (or "tell $target, May
    > I...") and use it before you activate teleport.

    I think I'll just make sure eveyone on my team has the Team Teleport option
    off.

    --
    8 Infinity Server 8
    Purple Kid - Lvl 25 - M - Magic Blaster - Energy/Energy
    SE-R - Lvl 21 - M - Science Blaster- Fire/Fire
    Smart Hulkster - Lvl 7 - Science Tanker - Invulnerability/War Mace
    Ursa Mjr - Lvl 9 - Mutant Controller - Mind Control/Storm Summoning
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
    > I think I'll just make sure eveyone on my team has the Team Teleport
    > option off.

    One of the purposes of Recall Friend is to drag a reddening ally out of
    danger. There might not be time to write a polite, "Why, yes, thank you,
    please do teleport my sagging ass out of the middle of this nest of Vampyri
    you all seem to have stirred up on me."

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 20 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

    > One of the purposes of Recall Friend is to drag a reddening ally out of
    > danger. There might not be time to write a polite, "Why, yes, thank you,
    > please do teleport my sagging ass out of the middle of this nest of
    Vampyri
    > you all seem to have stirred up on me."

    LOL

    I agree and that is why I would prefer that the "Allow Team Teleport" is off
    so that they get the option of accepting or declining a teleport without
    having to respond/tell directly. I've save quite a few friends this way and
    only once had one teammate get irate that I TP'd him. Granted he was not in
    danger at the time and I was not aware he was pondering his options with his
    contact but hey, I wanted to do the set team mish already =)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:35:58 -0000, Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

    > One of the purposes of Recall Friend is to drag a reddening ally
    > out of danger. There might not be time to write a polite, "Why,
    > yes, thank you, please do teleport my sagging ass out of the middle
    > of this nest of Vampyri you all seem to have stirred up on me."

    There's not always time to toggle your mouselook on and navigate the
    pointer over to "Yes" in a dialogue box either, though, and going into
    options to toggle approval on or off depending on situation is a pain.
    This is why a lot of people prefer to leave approval off
    intentionally, relying on their teammates' politeness to TP them only
    when they're in dire straits or when they've granted their assent.

    So perhaps I should have qualified that it's polite to ask *when their
    health bar isn't in the process of vanishing*.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
    of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

    >On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:35:58 -0000, Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    >
    >> One of the purposes of Recall Friend is to drag a reddening ally
    >> out of danger. There might not be time to write a polite, "Why,
    >> yes, thank you, please do teleport my sagging ass out of the middle
    >> of this nest of Vampyri you all seem to have stirred up on me."
    >
    >There's not always time to toggle your mouselook on and navigate the
    >pointer over to "Yes" in a dialogue box either, though, and going into
    >options to toggle approval on or off depending on situation is a pain.
    >This is why a lot of people prefer to leave approval off
    >intentionally, relying on their teammates' politeness to TP them only
    >when they're in dire straits or when they've granted their assent.
    >
    >So perhaps I should have qualified that it's polite to ask *when their
    >health bar isn't in the process of vanishing*.

    /bind y "dialogyes"

    They try to teleport, you hit y (or any other convenient key you'd
    rather bind.)

    Dialogyes and dialogno can be used to answer any popup that has yes/no
    options.

    One I use is /bind d "+right$$dialogyes"

    It both moves me to the right (standard strafe), but when I right click
    on a useless enhancement I want to delete, I just hit d for delete and
    automatically also answer yes to the "are you sure" popup.

    It's weird that you can delete an inspiration with no confirmation but
    you can't do the same to an enhancement.
    Not even as a configuration option like with teleporting and gifts.

    Xocyll
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in

    > It both moves me to the right (standard strafe), but when I right
    > click on a useless enhancement I want to delete, I just hit d for
    > delete and automatically also answer yes to the "are you sure"
    > popup.
    >
    > It's weird that you can delete an inspiration with no confirmation
    > but you can't do the same to an enhancement.
    > Not even as a configuration option like with teleporting and
    > gifts.
    >

    > Xocyll

    They might have done that because sometimes you just click the wrong
    thing.

    I wish they had a confirmation when buying enhancments. Sure I do an
    info on it....but I can never remember if I need a defense buff or
    damage resistance, and not all descriptions make sense.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in
    >
    >> It both moves me to the right (standard strafe), but when I right
    >> click on a useless enhancement I want to delete, I just hit d for
    >> delete and automatically also answer yes to the "are you sure"
    >> popup.
    >>
    >> It's weird that you can delete an inspiration with no confirmation
    >> but you can't do the same to an enhancement.
    >> Not even as a configuration option like with teleporting and
    >> gifts.
    >>

    >> Xocyll
    >
    >They might have done that because sometimes you just click the wrong
    >thing.
    >
    >I wish they had a confirmation when buying enhancments. Sure I do an
    >info on it....but I can never remember if I need a defense buff or
    >damage resistance, and not all descriptions make sense.

    That's still no reason not to have an OPTION for confirmation like
    teleports/gifts.

    Considering the amount of junk enhancements you get later on, combined
    with the issue that unless you have space you just plain don't get your
    reward for certain trials, result in a need at times to be able to
    delete an enhancement very quickly - and yet they still have the
    multi-click process and no option to remove it.

    Xocyll
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Robotech_Master" <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
    > There's not always time to toggle your mouselook on and navigate the
    > pointer over to "Yes" in a dialogue box either, though,

    Sorry, didn't realize there were people out there who play CoH without using
    their mouse. I still haven't come to a full grasp on the optional methods
    of controls including binds so I guess it highly plausable that one could do
    this though I do often use the mouse to help zooms, point of views, flight
    altitude and targeting which makes is a snap to move my mouse over to the
    dialogue box to accept team invites and teleports.

    > and going into
    > options to toggle approval on or off depending on situation is a pain.

    Then perhaps my final solution is to ask everyone to turn on the TP approval
    or I will not TP that particular person until they request. If they get
    into a bad situation . . . oh well, they get to have some free debt and I at
    least carry some awaken with me.

    > This is why a lot of people prefer to leave approval off
    > intentionally, relying on their teammates' politeness to TP them only
    > when they're in dire straits or when they've granted their assent.

    And when someone has self heal and is in no real danger yet you think he is
    as his bar just went red so you TP . . . well, that would be a situation
    where the option still comes into play.

    --
    8 Infinity Server 8
    Purple Kid - Lvl 25 - M - Magic Blaster - Energy/Energy
    SE-R - Lvl 21 - M - Science Blaster- Fire/Fire
    Smart Hulkster - Lvl 7 - Science Tanker - Invulnerability/War Mace
    Ursa Mjr - Lvl 9 - Mutant Controller - Mind Control/Storm Summoning
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
    > And when someone has self heal and is in no real danger yet you think
    > he is as his bar just went red so you TP . . . well, that would be a
    > situation where the option still comes into play.

    When is it ever a bad thing to yank someone out of combat to a safer zone
    when their bar drops into the red? They can run back to the fight quickly,
    in most circumstances, and a brief break does little harm.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 20 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in

    > "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
    >> And when someone has self heal and is in no real danger yet you think
    >> he is as his bar just went red so you TP . . . well, that would be a
    >> situation where the option still comes into play.
    >
    > When is it ever a bad thing to yank someone out of combat to a safer
    > zone when their bar drops into the red? They can run back to the fight
    > quickly, in most circumstances, and a brief break does little harm.

    Well, I had this happen last night. I am a stone/BA tanker, and one of the
    powers I have, Earth's Embrace, increases your health by a certain %.
    However, when it does that, the first thing it oes is increase your total
    health (which appears to drop your health lower, fairly rapidly) and then
    increase the health you have to the new amount. Once, when I was surrounded
    by a whole bunch of abominations, their vomit was taking me fairly low, and
    I fired off the power. My health dropped low enough, quick enough, that it
    went briefly red. The emp defender was a bit overzealous and pulled me out.
    While I was trying to run back to the mob of abominations to collect the
    aggro again, the scrapper who was working the perimeter got to examine the
    floor for a while...

    --
    Marcel
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <me@privacy.net> wrote :
    > I fired off the power. My health dropped low enough, quick enough, that it
    > went briefly red. The emp defender was a bit overzealous and pulled me
    out.
    > While I was trying to run back to the mob of abominations to collect the
    > aggro again, the scrapper who was working the perimeter got to examine the
    > floor for a while...

    And this begs the question, why would a person not want the TP option to pop
    up? Once set you won't have to touch it again unless later you want to be
    TP'd without the possibilty of consenting.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote in

    > "Marcel Beaudoin" <me@privacy.net> wrote :
    >> I fired off the power. My health dropped low enough, quick enough,
    >> that it went briefly red. The emp defender was a bit overzealous and
    >> pulled me out.
    >> While I was trying to run back to the mob of abominations to collect
    >> the aggro again, the scrapper who was working the perimeter got to
    >> examine the floor for a while...
    >
    > And this begs the question, why would a person not want the TP option
    > to pop up? Once set you won't have to touch it again unless later you
    > want to be TP'd without the possibilty of consenting.

    As mentioned higher up in the thread, some people play without the mouse.
    For me, it is a moot point, as I do use the mouse and never have a problem
    with it.

    The reason why I got tp'ed that time was that, prior to the mission, I was
    doing some sg stuff. Some of the SG officers were wondering just how close
    to death they could let someone get before getting tp'ed out of the mob. I
    volunteered to play guinea pig, so I turned off the accept/decline option.

    --
    Marcel
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Marcel Beaudoin" <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    > The reason why I got tp'ed that time was that, prior to the mission, I was
    > doing some sg stuff. Some of the SG officers were wondering just how close
    > to death they could let someone get before getting tp'ed out of the mob.

    Well seeing as how you can TP someone who is taking a dirt nap, I'd say you
    can TP someone who is at less than 1% health if need be.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:34:46 GMT, Hawaii_SE-R <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:

    > Sorry, didn't realize there were people out there who play CoH without using
    > their mouse.

    I use the mouse.

    I use the mouse for *steering when I'm moving*, with mouse look. I
    usually have to move around in battle, such as when I'm positioning
    for a snipe shot, or when I'm getting in range to fire off an attack.
    I target on enemies with tab keys, or with button 4 of my 4-button
    mouse, which is bound to target_enemy_near. If a dialogue box comes
    on screen, this means toggling on mouse look, finding my cursor (which
    could be anywhere...sometimes it's even over on my TV set, which is
    hooked into my video card as a second monitor), and clicking the
    dialogue box.

    Even if I had keys bound to dialogyes and no, which I probably will do
    whenever I can get around to it, it would still take a split second
    for me to recognize the need to click it. And given the lengthy
    activation time of Recall Friend to begin with, if I need TP that
    badly every wasted split second could be a split second too late.
    This is why I usually keep my approval turned off, except when I'm
    teamed with people whom I know to be too impolite to ask first in an
    out-of-battle situation.

    I mean, geez, how HARD is it to hit one single key to ask "$target,
    may I teleport you?" If they're not obviously about to die, then the
    five to ten seconds you wait for them to answer will not make any
    difference to anything in the game. If they _are_ about to die, then
    you should be porting them without asking.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!