Hey all,

I just put my new system together this weekend:

ASUS P5N32E SLI Plus
C2D 6600
BFG 8800 GTS
4 GB Kingston value RAM
WD 79 GB Raptor + Caviar 320 GB
Vista Home Premium

Everything went together beautifully, and it screams. Except for one strange thing: my computer won't reboot. Everytime I do try to restart using the chassis button, through Windows, or after exiting the BIOS screen, the computer shuts down but never comes back up -- it just sort of pauses, and the video goes dead (but power is still on). I have to manually press the reset button to make it come back to life.

I originally flashed to 0602, then reverted back to 0501 BIOS, thinking that was the problem. But the computer still won't restart on its own. Not really a drastic problem, but man is it annoying! :?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

rockowastaken

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
I actually fixed it this morning...according to ASUS all you have to do is change the LDT frequency from 5X to 4X in BIOS. I'm not sure what that exactly did, but it works! :D

Imperceptible

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I'm having the exact same problem, same mobo etc. Good to see someone has had and found a fix for the problem. I'll let you know if it fixes it for me.

EDIT: Yes it works, changed the timing from 5x and 4x and it restarted properly. Thank you so much for posting the update about fixing it.

Thanks again, Eddie.