Language packs? Where?

KwyjiboNL77

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
I have Vista Ultimate 32bit OEM installed for about 2 weeks now. When I just installed it there were the 15 language packs available in the Ultimate Extras. Now, 2 weeks later they are no longer available in my Windows Update. It says there are not Ultimate Extras available. Anyone have the same thing? Could it be because it is an OEM? If not, do you think I have to reinstall Vista, or pull up an older backup? I tried searching the web, but can't find anything about it...

KwyjiboNL77

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Well, I have seen a few other in the MS forums with the same issues, but no solutions. I ended up restoring a full system backup I made just after Activation (Thank god I have the ultimate edition). On that note, pretty smooth operation, the integrated backup tools...

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
When looking at the Ultimate Extras available to download, there's some option where you can select any of them and say "ignore". When you do that, they disappear from the list of available extras. Not sure how to get them back on the list, or if you even can. Perhaps when extras first are available, they only show up for some amount of time, or for so many visits to the Extras site; maybe aftewards they 'automatically' become 'ignored' and no longer show up.

jaylil

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
The Language packs are in windows update, not ultimate extras.
Just go to windows update/ultimate extras, then click "view available updates"
The Vista Ultimate Language packs are there.

KwyjiboNL77

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
O Know, but before I had gone back to an earlier backup, I would get any Updates/Extra's anymore...It would just say no new updates available, whereas there were several, including the language packs...Seems like something had broken Windows Update...