Thermalright SI-128 vs. Enzotech Ultra-X

jedolley

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2006
I currently have a C2D E6400 OC’d to 3.2ghz with an Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7, and my idle temps are about 53c.

With that in mind I want to upgrade my CPU cooler and was considering one of the above coolers. I realize they are not the best of the best, but from what I have read they are right around there. I have noticed both coolers have similar designs, but was wondering which was better. I realize the Enzotech has a pre-installed fan and fan controller, but I still wonder how it would perform in comparison to the SI-128 with a Scythe S-Flex F (1600rpm) or comparable fan.

If anyone has experience with either cooler or has any advice to give, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

JD

Web

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004
JD - I just got my Enzotech today and will install it after work. I'm putting it on an OC'ed X2 4200, so it won't be "apples to apples" but since the X2's run a little hotter than the C2D it should give you an idea. It's definately big and sexy out of the box.

I also bought a separate Schythe S-Flex (1200 rpm) fan to compare against the one the comes with the HSF and I'll let you know how that works out.

This is my first non-stock HSF and it seems friggin huge but the reviews say it's smaller than most. Can't imagine what a "big" hsf looks like. Pictures just don't do it justice

web

TRENDING THREADS