Need Help Buying Vista...PLEASE HELP

tyhart1120

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
Okay, here is the deal. I have two computers. My PC currently has a 64bit processor and Windows XP Professional x64, and my laptop has a 32bit processor and Windows XP Home x32.

I want to buy Windows Vista Ultimate and install it on my laptop, and have it run on 32bit mode on there, and then I want to put Windows Vista Ultimate on my PC and have it run on 64bit mode on there.

First, I don't know about how exactly it’s licensed, but basically, what I want to know is, first off, do I get the Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade, or do I have to buy the Windows Vista Ultimate Full. Second, if I go get one of those, can I use the same disk to install it on both of my computers under the different settings? If I can’t do any of that, what do you guys suggest I do?

Digitalfiends

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
If you buy the Ultimate version, it comes with the 64-bit DVD. You will need two license keys. It sucks I know but maybe consider Home Premium for your slower computer and Ultimate for the one that you're going to be playing on. Honestly, Ultimate doesn't really have any major advantages over the business version, you get an extra game, bitlocker, etc. You might want to look at the Business upgrade version and save a few bucks.