Creative X-Fi and games problem

mozzyman

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
i dled the vista 32 bit driver for my x-fi platinum sound card but when i play a game the sound gets a weird glitchy sound can anyone help or is anyone experiencing the same problem

wolfman140

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
That's probably just Creative sucking with drivers. I have the platinum too for 64 bit...and I like how it doesn't even work as 5.1 in games...Just stereo. I wonder how long it'll be till they finally catch up with a real driver.

This is due to bad drivers

If Creative would spend as much time fixing their drivers as they do badmouthing MS for busting EAX out of the kernel, we would all be happier.

Also I'm POed at Creative for not supporting the audio front-panel connectors that are now standard on most new cases. Of course Creative wants to sell me a "live drive" or equivalent for $100 just so I don't have to reach around back and plug in my headphones. Guess I'll have to google around and see if there are any specs published on the X-Fi internal pinouts or else solder to the external connectors...

Next time I'll just stick to the onboard HD audio and forget about Creative's cretinous customer support...

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
That's probably just Creative sucking with drivers. I have the platinum too for 64 bit...and I like how it doesn't even work as 5.1 in games...Just stereo. I wonder how long it'll be till they finally catch up with a real driver.

I have X-fi Platinum and the driver are working better then XP one. In game i get cleary better sound ( Battlefield 2 ) EAX Enabled with Ultra high Quality sound is noticable from XP. Maybe you didnt setup correctly your setting in vista sound control.

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
That's probably just Creative sucking with drivers. I have the platinum too for 64 bit...and I like how it doesn't even work as 5.1 in games...Just stereo.
5.1 sound works under Vista x64 with Rainbow Six Vegas. Was playing it last night. Definitely had surround sound such that voices moved from speaker to speaker to speaker as I turned around in the game. It works in Dark Messiah, too. (Except Dark Messiah is unplayable under Vista x64 as the game crashes after playing the tutorial level).

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Nonymous said:
(Except Dark Messiah is unplayable under Vista x64 as the game crashes after playing the tutorial level).

Did you make sure you have the game completed downloaded, go in steam, my game, click on dark messiah, proprieties, check game cache integrity. Mine is running fine and i had problem at the begening too with the tutorial. Sound was fucked up and game crashed. I checked the integrity and it downloaded the rest and worked just fine after.

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
Did you make sure you have the game completed downloaded, go in steam, my game, click on dark messiah, proprieties, check game cache integrity
Yup, I tried that because I remembered the old audio problem after the tutorial everybody had (including me) that was fixed by doing the integrity check. Unfortunately, didn't help me with this current problem. Basically, after the tutorial level, the next level gets about halfway loaded, then the game crashes. Oh well, no biggie; wasn't probably going to play it through; just curious how it would play.