crazycat

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
HI

i have been hanging out to play the game "stalker" they have recently released the specs to play the game, it say it supports play on Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 2)/Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4 but dosent mention anything about vista., does this mean that if you have vista installed you cant play stalker????? or would this be just the minimum Os spec required??? :?

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
I don't think any game of today has Windows Vista written in the box. Most surely you can get it to work... at least in the x86 version.

I have Serious Sam II running on Vista RC2. The box don't say anything about running in Vista but it does. I didn't notice any performance drop too, which is nice.

crazycat

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
yeah i assume that would hopefully be the case, will install vista in april as bio shock and crysis are meant to be released then and with any luck dx10 drivers will be working !!!!!!!

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
will install vista in april as bio shock and crysis are meant to be released then...
Where'd you hear that? Last I heard, there is no known release date for Crysis (statement by Crytek CEO back in December) and it's currently in a "it'll be done when it's done" circling pattern. Current guesstimates are Q3.

Bio Shock's current release date is June.