Schrovan_Rip

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
Hello! As you can see I am new here and I just wanted to ask a question.

Will Superfetch make working with two programs, at the same time easier, if you have four gigs of ram? For instance gaming and a render program or just any two or more intensive programs at once.

Also will having four gigs of ram make Vista 64 bit, load any programs faster than two gigs?

I did a search on Google and here on tom's and I didn't find anything conclusive.

Nice meeting everyone!

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Hello! As you can see I am new here and I just wanted to ask a question.

Will Superfetch make working with two programs, at the same time easier, if you have four gigs of ram? For instance gaming and a render program or just any two or more intensive programs at once.

Also will having four gigs of ram make Vista 64 bit, load any programs faster than two gigs?

I did a search on google and here on tom's and I didn't find anything conclusive.

Nice meeting eveyone!

I would think that the RAM and hard drive speed would determine things more then an amount of RAM over 2 gigabytes, unless they're really large programs. According to Tom's there was a slight increase in loading time from 1 gig going to 2 gigs, which was a little odd. I would think though that at 4 gigs you should have more then enough space to launch most applications within a five seconds seconds, down from tens of seconds otherwise.

This is all speculation from me. Just a disclaimer.

wolfman140

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Yes, the more RAM you have, the better apps will run at the same time. Superfetch is mainly just a feature to decrease loading time. I don't believe it effects computer performance WHILE the program is actually running. It just pre-loads app launch info so when you're ready to load it just pops from there instead of the HDD.
I don't know if 4 gigs will show THAT much loading time improvement, but it will definitley increase performance when running multiple apps. Again, superfetch doesn't increase performance really...just load times.