Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

Home Premium coupon for $12...has anyone gotten it to work?

Tags:
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows Vista
February 11, 2007 12:24:22 AM

Yeah I got XP MCE w/Vista Upgrade coupon to Home Premium. I have a question though...on the coupon since it is OEM it seems Microsoft thinks I'm an end user that bought it from another company. It says I need proof I bought a system myself, but it is a DYI build. Should I still try even w/o proof, or maybe mail reciepts for all my components?

More about : home premium coupon work

February 11, 2007 5:44:19 AM

what have you got to lose? try it w/o the receipts.
February 20, 2007 11:26:43 PM

when i sent in my stuff for the upgrade they asked for p.o.p and i sent them my reciept but i have a # where you can call moduslink and hopefully it will help you out.
btw dont expect to get your copy anytime soon been 3 weeks since vista and still not shipped to me yet.
(800) 817-5602 or (801) 431-1504

hope it helps you out

btw here is the site you might need to redeem your certificate
https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista
or this site
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/techguarantee/worldwide...
Related resources
February 21, 2007 12:19:19 AM

It took me a while to find this but here is the same issue discussed right here at Tom's (TG Daily).

Quote:
But, I was told, there is no way around that and I would need that receipt to upgrade.

TG Daily: Vista upgrade nightmare

You should be able to provide a receipt(s) for the components that you bought with your OEM XP.
February 28, 2007 11:53:09 PM

i wouldnt be worried about saving $12 even since its causing you so much trouble
March 7, 2007 7:16:38 PM

you are misunderstanding the coupon. the coupon is for a full upgrade to Vista... not $12 off the upgrade. in other words you get Vista for $12.
March 7, 2007 10:22:07 PM

OMG!
March 24, 2007 6:29:27 PM

UPDATE

YES! It worked! I mailed them Fry's and Newegg reciepts for all the parts and wrote a note saying I built it myself, and just recieved the email that it got shipped and should arrive in 3 weeks!
April 12, 2007 7:28:18 PM

Where did you get this coupon?

Ryan
April 13, 2007 3:30:25 AM

Quote:
Where did you get this coupon?

Ryan

Sorry but I think it's too late for more... :(  The deadline was March 31. Anyway it was on newegg when I bought my oem XP MCE.
April 20, 2007 2:09:30 AM

nice that you got your upgrade shipped already im still waiting for mine. still have not got a email stating it was shipped just checked the status and it said approved but that has not changed in a week.
April 20, 2007 2:39:46 AM

Quote:
nice that you got your upgrade shipped already im still waiting for mine. still have not got a email stating it was shipped just checked the status and it said approved but that has not changed in a week.

Mine's already arrived, in 6 days! They said 3 weeks and it came in less than 1. I guess its all chance with MS. :wink: