Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Vista Waterfall BG???

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 11, 2007 5:16:32 PM

Did anyone else see the Microsoft videos of the waterfall moving on the desktop background? I've been searching and searching and I cant find this anywhere...

anyone had any better luck?

More about : vista waterfall

Best solution

February 11, 2007 7:39:54 PM

its part of the dreamscene addon for Vista Ultimate which hasnt been release yet.
Related resources
February 11, 2007 10:15:55 PM

thanks guys!! Anyone know when this might be coming out for vista ultimate?
February 12, 2007 2:17:43 PM

Microsoft hasn't given out any dates; they probably don't know themselves. I have seen a few Microsoft statements saying they *might* release some sort of beta version of the waterfall in February sometime as a "technology preview".

I'm betting there's been behind scenes talks resulting in Microsoft not releasing any of the fancy stuff until nVidia and ATI finally get their Vista WHQL drivers released for *all* their Aero-compatible cards. If Microsoft released now and people still stuck on beta video drivers had problems with it, then everybody'd be whining and blaming everybody else. Microsoft surely wants to prevent bad buzz.
February 12, 2007 4:20:33 PM

you can find DreamScene beta on bittorent.

It worked for me but with the Forceware 100.54 I'm getting issues on reboot. I have to turn it off if I'm going to shutdown or reboot because my boot may hang.

Another thing is the videos that come with the beta totally suck. The bliss (wavy grass) looks terrrible because it's low res. What I did is downloaded some HD wmv from MS site and edited them with movie maker. It looked great after that.

I can't find the waterfall either. Search bittorrents (sp).
February 12, 2007 11:04:33 PM

again thank you for the fast responses! :D 
February 13, 2007 4:06:25 PM

I downloaded the beta from here

http://keznews.com/download.php?title=download

but remember the dreamscenes that come packaged suck.

Try this link for some content:

http://ipfreaks.com/dreamscene/?cat=1

Also somewhere on microsoft's site there are some sample hd videos that you can edit and use.

You can also rip a dvd and make your own dreamscene. Star Wars dream scene anyone? :)  I can't wait to make one.

Sadly, for us 8800 users dreamscene beta crashes on reboots and some issues. I turn it off if I'm going to shutdown or I'll have to go in from safe mode to get back in to vista.

HTH
February 13, 2007 5:56:53 PM

Should you revert back to or stick with XP for a while longer and require your own little slice of the Dreamscene old news; here is a link to a long list of companies that got video desktop on the money and out of beta long before MS did...

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/video-wallpaper...

Should you want to have a 3D Flip there are links on this site...

http://bloggerdigest.blogspot.com/2006/12/windows-vista...

Madotate 2.02.02 happens to work on Vista as well as XP

There are a million and one themes and transformation packs out there to morph your XP system into just about anything you can imagine...

What at this moment makes moving to Vista necessary?
February 13, 2007 6:02:01 PM

Maybe because we want to? Theres plenty of Anti-Vista threads in here, go complain there.
February 14, 2007 11:44:49 PM

MS just released an update called "DreamScene Preview." It only has one very boring background.

I found something called DreamScape for vista. You install it after you install DreamScene. It's free. The videos they use are better the MS although they only have 3 right now.

www.dreamscape.com
February 15, 2007 3:24:23 PM

Stardock has released DeskScapes which enhances DreamScene with features such as dynamic/live content, triggers, and more.

We have also launched Dream.Wincustomize.Com where you can download the software, and more .dreams.

Stardock DeskScapes Guided Tour

Dream.Wincustomize.Com

:) 
February 16, 2007 7:10:07 AM

Quote:
MS just released an update called "DreamScene Preview." It only has one very boring background.

I found something called DreamScape for vista. You install it after you install DreamScene. It's free. The videos they use are better the MS although they only have 3 right now.

www.dreamscape.com

Any mpg file works.
June 1, 2009 10:06:06 AM

If you want HD dreamscenes go to www.vistahd.org and download like Satan's prodigy cuz most of them are for $= 0.00 ...
:>

There real good!
!