Software to restart D-link 502T DSL modem

atreyu

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2005
Hi Folks

My service provider has put in a unique problem. As per the plan i have subscribed to I have free unlimited data transfer from 12:00 midnight to 8:00am, however the condition is that the connection was to be disconnected after 12:00 midnight and then reconnected to make use of the facility. I have a D-Link 502T DSL modem, which is connected to a D-Link DI724P Wireless Router which is connected to the computer.

I need to know if there is any software avaiable that will reset my connection on the Dlink 502T automatically at a predefined time ??

Thanks and regards
Atreyu

El0him

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Why don't you just add a filter rule into the modem to drop all traffic outside of the allowed time.

Hi Folks

My service provider has put in a unique problem. As per the plan i have subscribed to I have free unlimited data transfer from 12:00 midnight to 8:00am, however the condition is that the connection was to be disconnected after 12:00 midnight and then reconnected to make use of the facility. I have a D-Link 502T DSL modem, which is connected to a D-Link DI724P Wireless Router which is connected to the computer.

I need to know if there is any software avaiable that will reset my connection on the Dlink 502T automatically at a predefined time ??

Thanks and regards
Atreyu

atreyu

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2005
But that would not help me. See I want to access the internet during the normal hours, but do my heavy downloads during the free hours.