jwrayh

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
When I try to load win xp onto a new hard drive (Seagate 500g sata) I get the message unmountable boot volume. I have never received this message before. I have an nvidia evga nforce 680i sli mobo with 2 gig corsair 6400 extreme performance memory. The video card is a nvidia evga 8800gts w/640 mem. Any suggestions why I am receiving this? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

eckosof

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
i recently also just came across this problem. i had 2 74gb raptors striped for my OS drives. worked amazingly well for the past year. i belive one drive crapped out and i got the same error. with 0x000000ed attached to the error. 2 things cause this error, incorrect wires and corrupted files on drive/bad sectors. i loaded xp on my storage drive and booted into that to view the drives. once i reloaded drivers to recgonize the raid array i tried to access the drives and poop, unable to read the drives. as far as i can tell since one of those drives are dead all data on drives is lost. i honestly dont see a reason to use raid anymore. there isnt enough performance increase to make it work losing all my data.