Mouse issues

Hi
I'm hoping that someone can help me - I've been pottering around with a
basic out-of-the-box Flashpoint CWC for a couple of years. No real probs.
Recently, I got a broadband connection, so I started downloading patches,
and gave Flashpoint a facelift. It is currently at 4v146. Now it's better
than ever - but a problem has developed that I've never encountered before:
There are now 2 mouse cursors on screen. They move at different speeds, and
are so distracting that I can't play the game anymore. Doesn't happen with
other software, and it doesn't matter whether I run a ps2 mouse or a USB
mouse, or both. I've played with all of the mouse properties, but I can't
figure it out. I'm running XP home with an AMD 2.4 processor and a GForce 4
Ti 4200 NVidia video card. Any ideas? Thanks.
Robert
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse issues
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Alt Tab out of the game, then Alt Tab back to the game, that should resolve
    the issue. IIRC, one mouse cursor is the grey in game one and the other is
    a normal white desktop mouse. Cant remember what causes it, just know that
    the above cured it for me!

    "Robert Ollier" <ollierr@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I'm hoping that someone can help me - I've been pottering around with a
    > basic out-of-the-box Flashpoint CWC for a couple of years. No real probs.
    > Recently, I got a broadband connection, so I started downloading patches,
    > and gave Flashpoint a facelift. It is currently at 4v146. Now it's better
    > than ever - but a problem has developed that I've never encountered
    > before: There are now 2 mouse cursors on screen. They move at different
    > speeds, and are so distracting that I can't play the game anymore. Doesn't
    > happen with other software, and it doesn't matter whether I run a ps2
    > mouse or a USB mouse, or both. I've played with all of the mouse
    > properties, but I can't figure it out. I'm running XP home with an AMD 2.4
    > processor and a GForce 4 Ti 4200 NVidia video card. Any ideas? Thanks.
    > Robert

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Robert Ollier wrote:
    > Hi
    > I'm hoping that someone can help me - I've been pottering around with a
    > basic out-of-the-box Flashpoint CWC for a couple of years. No real probs.
    > Recently, I got a broadband connection, so I started downloading patches,
    > and gave Flashpoint a facelift. It is currently at 4v146. Now it's better
    > than ever - but a problem has developed that I've never encountered before:
    > There are now 2 mouse cursors on screen. They move at different speeds, and
    > are so distracting that I can't play the game anymore. Doesn't happen with
    > other software, and it doesn't matter whether I run a ps2 mouse or a USB
    > mouse, or both. I've played with all of the mouse properties, but I can't
    > figure it out. I'm running XP home with an AMD 2.4 processor and a GForce 4
    > Ti 4200 NVidia video card. Any ideas? Thanks.
    > Robert

    IIRC you can cure this by changing the ingame OFP screen resolution to a
    different setting from that of your windows desktop.

    You should be able to find the solution here
    http://www.theavonlady.org/THEOFPFAQ/
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Yup. Easiest is to set desktop colour depth to 16 bit and game colour depth
    to 24 or 32.

    --
    -
    Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
    > Robert Ollier wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I'm hoping that someone can help me - I've been pottering around with a
    >> basic out-of-the-box Flashpoint CWC for a couple of years. No real probs.
    >> Recently, I got a broadband connection, so I started downloading patches,
    >> and gave Flashpoint a facelift. It is currently at 4v146. Now it's better
    >> than ever - but a problem has developed that I've never encountered
    >> before: There are now 2 mouse cursors on screen. They move at different
    >> speeds, and are so distracting that I can't play the game anymore.
    >> Doesn't happen with other software, and it doesn't matter whether I run a
    >> ps2 mouse or a USB mouse, or both. I've played with all of the mouse
    >> properties, but I can't figure it out. I'm running XP home with an AMD
    >> 2.4 processor and a GForce 4 Ti 4200 NVidia video card. Any ideas?
    >> Thanks.
    >> Robert
    >
    > IIRC you can cure this by changing the ingame OFP screen resolution to a
    > different setting from that of your windows desktop.
    >
    > You should be able to find the solution here
    > http://www.theavonlady.org/THEOFPFAQ/
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Or if you leave cursor in top left corner of screen while starting up OFP.

    --
    Kango <TZW>

    "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Yup. Easiest is to set desktop colour depth to 16 bit and game colour
    > depth to 24 or 32.
    >
    > --
    > -
    > Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
    > -
    > A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
    > the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
    > through the minds of either.
    > -
    > "Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> schreef in bericht
    >> Robert Ollier wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>> I'm hoping that someone can help me - I've been pottering around with a
    >>> basic out-of-the-box Flashpoint CWC for a couple of years. No real
    >>> probs. Recently, I got a broadband connection, so I started downloading
    >>> patches, and gave Flashpoint a facelift. It is currently at 4v146. Now
    >>> it's better than ever - but a problem has developed that I've never
    >>> encountered before: There are now 2 mouse cursors on screen. They move
    >>> at different speeds, and are so distracting that I can't play the game
    >>> anymore. Doesn't happen with other software, and it doesn't matter
    >>> whether I run a ps2 mouse or a USB mouse, or both. I've played with all
    >>> of the mouse properties, but I can't figure it out. I'm running XP home
    >>> with an AMD 2.4 processor and a GForce 4 Ti 4200 NVidia video card. Any
    >>> ideas? Thanks.
    >>> Robert
    >>
    >> IIRC you can cure this by changing the ingame OFP screen resolution to a
    >> different setting from that of your windows desktop.
    >>
    >> You should be able to find the solution here
    >> http://www.theavonlady.org/THEOFPFAQ/

Mice Games Video Games