Epson Perfection 610 Scanner Vista Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have an Epson Perfection 610 Scanner that still works fine under XP and have emailed Epson asking if they are going to support Vista and havn't gotten a response. After doing more web searches, it appears that Epson is not planning to write a driver for Vista. Does anyone know of a 3rd party driver or am I going to have to buy a new scanner?

Alpha_Magnum

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
I have an Epson Perfection 610 Scanner that still works fine under XP and have emailed Epson asking if they are going to support Vista and havn't gotten a response. After doing more web searches, it appears that Epson is not planning to write a driver for Vista. Does anyone know of a 3rd party driver or am I going to have to buy a new scanner?

You can thank the folks from Redmond for less support now than ever. WHQL certification is a fact and all drivers must pass the test. Offhand I don't know how much MS charges for approval but you can bet that it is not cheap. The new and improved Vista kernel will not allow unsigned drivers. Epson is another planned obsolescence company. They drop support after a generation and you are screwed. When XP64 came out many printers from Epson were dropped.

In summery everything is a game now and your wallet is in the middle and everyone has their hand in it. If you must move to Vista try a boot loader and keep XP around for print jobs!

colony14

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
Assuming you can't find a good Vista-compatible replacement scanner for $39.95 or less, there's a solution at:

http://www.hamrick.com/

Their VueScan software enabled me to run my Epson Perfection 610 on my 64-bit Vista PC with no problems. The downside is that the software cost me $39.95. The upside is that my scanner now works on my machine (I don't have to rely on my wife's XP laptop for scanning tasks), and the VueScan software has some nice features (rapid batch scanning, scanning multiple images into one .pdf file, etc.) that many people may find useful.

Colony 14 author
http//colony14.tripod.com

rapunzelinthegarden

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
For Windows 7, I think I have found the solution.

Just try to choose Epson Stylus CX3200 driver!

Open device manager, right-click on 'Perfection 610' to enter driver update, and click "Browse my computer for driver software", and click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", and simply choose the driver(epsion stylus cx3200 series). I think it may work on Vista also.

Now my Perfection 610 works perfectly. Good luck.

paulperfection

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Nice one rapunzelinthegarden!

Had the same problem with my 610 scanner, just made the move from XP to Windows 7 64-bit
and it works just fine as a Stylus CX3200 whatever the hell that is.

Awesome!

Thanks for that!

Paul.

Pengio

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Hi

I have the same problem - Windows 7 won't run my Epson 610 perfection scanner.

I'm having a little trouble with this - maybe someone can help?

Which driver do I need to download and install?

I've downloaded the "TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A" from the "Epson Stylus CX3200" download page.

But when I select browse my computer to find the driver, it's shown as epson12258 and won't install.

Anyone able to help/talk me through it?

Pengio

Status
Not open for further replies.