headphones

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
hey everyone,
im having a problem with my altec lansing headphones. it has a volume controller on the line.. when i turn it completely down, sound comes out of both speakers. when i turn it up to any other volume (amplifying it), it only comes out of the left speaker. diagram:

|PC|--------|VOLUME CONTROL(ON THE LINE)|-------|LEFT SPEAKER|-------|RIGHT SPEAKER|

if someone can help me out, on a way to replace the volume control or something, thx in advance 8)

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
I second that. I use AKG 240s and sennheisers for music production. TOP NOTCH stuff.

I can vouch for Sennheiser, I have 3 HD202s and one 505 or something like that, also one PX100.

Had 2 problems so far: once the cord from my 4 yr old HD202s broke, I got a replacement from Sennheiser USAs site for $8

Second: the cord from my 1.5yr old PX100s ripped within warranty I got a replacement from sennheier very fast.....

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Yah I snagged another pair off amazon a couple months ago. Whats even more amazing is the price I got them off amazon for... $25!! :)

must buy in bulk...... :x :x :x :x :x

cheapest i can find on pricegrabber is $40

oneartist

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
[

must buy in bulk...... :x :x :x :x :x

cheapest i can find on pricegrabber is $40[/quote]

try www.AltoMusic.com their prices are great and they will access about anything even if it's drop shipped. I've recently purchased over $15,000 worth of equipment for my school's PA system and audio class and we saved at least 15% off the going street prices. I've been dealing with Chris at keyboards@altomusic.com

Chuck

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
ahemm..

anyway..i was getting sick of this one day, and just bought a cheap 20$ headset. its made by the same brand which worries me..but so far so good..not bad mic quality for the price.

thanks for all the suggestions though. next time i shop for a headset, ill keep these in mind :)