Display Boot at Start

I used to be able to see the DOS screen showing the boot process when I
turned on my PC. How can I regain that option?

No such animal in XP. There is no DOS.

--
Walter Clayton

"Pat B" <briodyREMOVE@sprynetDOTcom> wrote in message
>I used to be able to see the DOS screen showing the boot process when I
> turned on my PC. How can I regain that option?

wlnotify.dll = Common DLL to receive Winlogon notifications.

VerboseStatus
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/91526.asp

[[Verbose vs normal status messages

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System

Description
Directs the system to display highly detailed status messages.

If you enable this policy, the system displays status message that reflect
each step in the process of starting, shutting down, logging on, or logging
off the system.

Important
This policy is ignored if the Disable Boot / Shutdown / Logon / Logoff
status messages policy is enabled. ]]
Verbose vs normal status messages
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/4.asp

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ewuFI1zSFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Pat B <briodyREMOVE@sprynetDOTcom> hunted and pecked:
> I used to be able to see the DOS screen showing the boot process when I
> turned on my PC. How can I regain that option?

Kill your startup screeen? Not likely with Windows on it's own, unless you
just use safe mode!