Brothers in arms

Anyone playing with it?
10 answers Last reply
More about brothers arms
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Im on day 7 and i love it. there have been times when my ai have made
    stupid mistakes but they do react nicely most of the time. its a bit
    short and easy but still good fun.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    id say its more like call of duty but with 2 teams to control. i didnt
    like MOH much but i think BIA is good.

    Communique wrote:
    > Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > Anyone playing with it?

    Only a mission into it. It's so-so up to now but will see how it goes.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Only just arrived. Got to install it.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    "Richard" <deadeyedic30@deadeyedic30.plus.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Only just arrived. Got to install it.

    coming in the back of a donkey, i suppose:-))
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    What makes the title worth buying or a must-have? Anything?

    --Uzi

    "[RM]Wolfy" <thenomeaningnofx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > id say its more like call of duty but with 2 teams to control. i didnt
    > like MOH much but i think BIA is good.
    >
    > Communique wrote:
    >> Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > What makes the title worth buying or a must-have? Anything?

    For me, I like more realistic play. I don't like "mouse-maze" shooters that
    much--the kind with "you run over this spinning red cross and you get more
    health". Games like MOH and SOF are like that. I'll play 'em if the mood
    strikes me, but I don't consider that type must-haves (ironically, I
    loved--read: LOVED--Riddick and Jedi Knight, and those are "mouse-maze"
    shooters).

    Must-have's for me are games like OFP and Rainbow Six.

    I like a good strategy game too. Loved Homeworld 2. Just got this new one
    called Nexus--it looks like it's going to be fantastic. Also picked up Act
    of War, but I'm not so sure about that one--seems to be a standard RTS game,
    albeit done very well (don't like those buildings that poor out men
    endlessly--your spawning point for the troops you manage with your
    resources). Although Homeworld 2 is like this, I reasoned it out as the
    result of nano-tech. I can't "buy" that type of thing in a modern day
    setting as in Act of War (or even those old C&C type Dune games).

    Ground Control (both I & II) about got the RTS thing right.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:10:52 -0600, "Communique"
    <Communique@NOSPAMev1.net> wrote:

    >Give us a run-down on it. Is it like Medal of Honor?

    I didn't think I was going to like it at first, but after a bit of
    play, it sort of grew on me. It is a little different from MoH. It's
    no OFP, however.

    The graphics detail is good on character and environment. the action
    is very intense at times. Voice acting is good and the NPC's lines
    have an authentic feel. (There's a pretty funny argument between three
    guys in the squad about Superman vs Batman.) The enemy AI "reacts" to
    what you are doing. I don't speak German but it sounds like they are
    yelling warnings to each other about your movements at times.

    The games missions are very linear, however. The weapons aiming is
    horrible. Recoil is waaay more than actual. (BTW, WHEN are game
    designers going to drop the "weapon sway" thing? A 10 year old can
    hold a rifle still enough to hit a man sized target a 30 yards,
    especially kneeling behind cover) This game was clearly intended for
    consoles, IMHO. No in game saves other than checkpoints. (Again,
    designers, give us the option)

    I think the intention is for you to lead rather than to participate
    as much as one does in other shooters, `cause you don't get enough
    ammo to do much shooting. I've been through 8 or so missions and on
    every one have had to pick up German weapons to finish a mission.

    I'd give it an 80 out of 100, probably. As I said, in spite of it's
    flaws, I have enjoyed playing it.

    But if your looking for realism, this ain't it.

    Villain
    Villain

    Paranoia is just another word for longevity.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:52:34 GMT, "jeson" <nospam@iol.it> wrote:

    >"Richard" <deadeyedic30@deadeyedic30.plus.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> Only just arrived. Got to install it.
    >

    >coming in the back of a donkey, i suppose:-))

    Wondering the same. UBI told me a snowstrom in Indianapolis has held
    up delivery.

Games Video Games