Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Whenever I turn on my computer it all goes fine and the XP loading page starts up. Then it doesn't go away! It keeps loading for about 10 minutes then reboots! Does anyone know how to fix this?

It all started last night when I changed the page file size then rebooted. I went to bed and this morning it was still rebooting and loading again and again. I didn't change anything else, and I have been using it just fine for over a month. Please give advice.

Tecno

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I've been having a similar problem, this morning in the system tray there was a warning about some new Windows XP updates, as usuall, I like to keep the pc updated, so I let it install them, them some time after the install finished, when I finished working with the pc, I turned it off...

Now, just some minutes ago, I came back home, turned on the pc, but not the monitor, and I kept hearing the sounds like the pc was rebooting constantly, after I finished what I was doing at the time I came to the pc, turned the monitor on and noticed that Windows XP Pro was booting like normal, but when it came to the part where the Login screen should come up, after it finished loading, I would get a black screen and the pc would reboot, I then tried F8 and Loading Last Correct System configuration and the pc would still not go to the Login Screen of XP and would keep rebooting, I also tried F8 -> Safe Mode (All of them) and nothing, pc would keep reboting...

I imagine that this has something to do with the Win XP Pro updates I did this morning, it is less than likely that it would be a virus since I had the anti-virus software always running and updated daily, also I haven't installed software for some days now on the pc...
So I'm guessing it's definatly a XP update bug...

Is there anyway that me and Wonderwill could access Windows XP System Tool to Reset the System to a previous date without entering Windows XP ? (since we can't...) Maybe we could access this tool via Win XP CD ? OR another option under the menu that appears after F8 has been pressed ?

I can't remember the name of this tool in English, but I know it's under: Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> ?_Name_of_the_software_tool_that_I_can't_remember_?

Please help ! Thanks :)

Best Regards

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
I've been having a similar problem, this morning in the system tray there was a warning about some new Windows XP updates, as usuall, I like to keep the pc updated, so I let it install them, them some time after the install finished, when I finished working with the pc, I turned it off...

Now, just some minutes ago, I came back home, turned on the pc, but not the monitor, and I kept hearing the sounds like the pc was rebooting constantly, after I finished what I was doing at the time I came to the pc, turned the monitor on and noticed that Windows XP Pro was booting like normal, but when it came to the part where the Login screen should come up, after it finished loading, I would get a black screen and the pc would reboot, I then tried F8 and Loading Last Correct System configuration and the pc would still not go to the Login Screen of XP and would keep rebooting, I also tried F8 -> Safe Mode (All of them) and nothing, pc would keep reboting...

I imagine that this has something to do with the Win XP Pro updates I did this morning, it is less than likely that it would be a virus since I had the anti-virus software always running and updated daily, also I haven't installed software for some days now on the pc...
So I'm guessing it's definatly a XP update bug...

Is there anyway that me and Wonderwill could access Windows XP System Tool to Reset the System to a previous date without entering Windows XP ? (since we can't...) Maybe we could access this tool via Win XP CD ? OR another option under the menu that appears after F8 has been pressed ?

I can't remember the name of this tool in English, but I know it's under: Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> ?_Name_of_the_software_tool_that_I_can't_remember_?

Please help ! Thanks :)

Best Regards

That is EXACTLY the same problem I have, except mine is on XP MCE 2005. Right when I think it is done loading, it cuts off!

My last resort will be to boot off of another drive, save all my data, and repair XP completely with the CD. Is there another way?

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
did by chance the power go out while doing a windows update?

No I had just changed the page file when I rebooted, but thanks for the f8 advice; it really worked. Well actually it was a different option than you suggested, but my system is up and running.

gbl

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Glad to see that there are others having the same problem. I've got 2 laptops and 1 desktop that were working perfectly until the latest MS updates. Upon restarting the PC's they attempt to boot up but end up with a blue screen and reboot - again and again and again.

Right now (thank god to back ups) one laptop is currently rebuilding itself. However I'm not a happy camper and the one desktop that has not been updated I'm afraid to do so. Something in the update created this mess!