Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone install Acrobat Reader on Vista?

Last response: in Windows Vista
February 15, 2007 1:35:03 AM

When I try install it says that there isnt enough space?
February 15, 2007 4:26:25 AM

Quote:
When I try install it says that there isnt enough space?

How much space do you have on your boot (Vista) drive? (Adobe Reader *always* installs on your boot drive.) Also, there is a Vista-specific version of Adobe Reader (I have it installed myself).
February 15, 2007 8:12:20 AM

Try Foxit reader. Clean, free and only 2 Megs. It's just the exe, no dlls and no other crap.

www.foxitsoftware.com

Acrobat reader is getting bloatware. And I don't understand why the hell it needs an autoupdate function like an antivirus.
Related resources
February 15, 2007 11:13:34 AM

i have like 220B left Free on my HD, that is the weird part.

is that foxit reader read the same as acrobat?
February 15, 2007 11:46:51 AM

Google is your friend (search="vista acrobat reader")....

Adobe Tech Note - Adobe Reader 8 fails to install on Vista OS
When you install Adobe Reader 8 on Windows Vista you see the error message, "The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible

... I had the same problem. I also still had problems with solutions 1 & 2 in the tech note. Option 3 works fine, though.
February 15, 2007 3:33:22 PM

I wonder why Adobe needs UAC turned on though,.. I've installed other apps w/o issue.
February 15, 2007 3:41:22 PM

Quote:
I wonder why Adobe needs UAC turned on though,.. I've installed other apps w/o issue.
If you go to System properties, and look at the environment variables, there's two set of "TEMP" variables... one user level, and the other system level. Most applications use the system level TEMP variable to find a temporary directory to extract to. e.g. "\windows\temp". But Adobe for some reason is using the user-level TEMP directory (\users\me\appdata\blah-bla-blah", which has tighter security in Vista, than under XP. System-level \windows\temp doesn't have as many restrictions.
February 15, 2007 4:43:29 PM

It's the same, at least for me. I suggest you try it and tell me what you think. If you don't like it, delete the only exe and you're done.
February 15, 2007 6:23:16 PM

Nonymous,

That is weird, since the normal way to install apps is via an admin account.
!