Sign in with
Your question

Anyone have any info on 88 ULTRA?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
April 26, 2007 9:29:47 AM

I want 2 hdmi in and out, with a audio solution on this card, like the 2900 xt has. Also I want it to play h.264 and other HD media with no pull on my cpu. Does anyone know if it will have this?

More about : info ultra

April 26, 2007 9:59:42 AM

PureVideo HD was carried over to the GeForce 8800 GTX and GTS. However, it was done in the same way as it was with the GeForce 7 series. This means that in hardware it accelerated motion compensation and deblocking in the video pipeline, but left inverse transform and bitstream processing up to the CPU. NVIDIA decided that these new video processors needed to be upgraded. In all of the new video cards being announced today NVIDIA has created what they are calling their “Video Processor 2
GeForce 8800 GTS or GTX most likely have the CPU performance to do those HD DVD and Blu-ray decoding features on their CPU according to NVIDIA.
April 26, 2007 3:35:58 PM

Even an X1950 XT or 7900 GT can accelerate h.264 and take a good portion of the load off of the CPU

However, the new 8500/8600's from Nvidia are supposed to be able to take almost all of the load off of the CPU, which is pretty impressive.

It remains to be seen if the new Radeons will also sport that feature...

I doubt the 8800 Ultra will have onboard audio, it'sa just an overclocked 8800 GTX.
Related resources
!