Sign in with
Your question

XP Pro keeps rebooting, never get's to the login screen ?!

Tags:
  • Login
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
February 15, 2007 2:58:45 PM

Hi, I'm posting here to see if anyone can help me out:

My pc has Windows XP Pro installed and everything was working fine till this afternoon, today, in the morning, I was working on the pc and then in the system tray that :!: icon appeared signalling that there were new updates do Windows XP, as always, I checked that there were security updates, so I let it install... They didn't required to reboot the pc.

This afternoon I came home, turned the pc on and while I waited for it to boot up to the Win XP login screen I went to do some other things away from the pc, however I heared that the pc was constantly rebooting, then I turned the screen on and could see the Windows XP Pro loading screen, with the black background and the blue bar scrolling, all ok I thoght, but then it wouldn't go into the Login Screen that comes afterwards, it would go black and reboot the pc ?!

I tried entering in Safe Mode (All the safe mode options under F8 menu), I tried F8 and Last Good Known System Configuration option and still it would reboot without entering XP login screen, I then tried F8 and then disabling reboot after system error option and when it got to the point were the Login Screen should come on, I would get a Blue Screen with an error and the pc would halt, the error however was a buch of 0x00000030 or something like this, nothing I could figure out, however I seriously doubt it was a virus of some sort, since I have the anti-virus software updated every day, also I haven't installed any programs recently...

So all I'm thinking what could save me here (?!), besides a full format and reinstalling windows, because I have alot of things I don't want to loose and I don't want to have to install everything again and do all the updates and stuff...

IS there any way to get into System Restore utility, without having to enter Windows ? (Since the problem is precisly that, I can't enter it...)

Can I use the Windows XP Pro cd to restore the system, do a "rollback" ?
Or any other F8 Menu options that could help me ?

Please help. Thanks :) 

Best Regards to All
Tecno

More about : pro rebooting login screen

February 15, 2007 3:34:54 PM

I encountered the same problem almost 3 weks ago. I somehow managed to read on the blue screen that a dll file was missing. And unfortunately I couldn't recover my system. So I did a clean install. Reinstalling XP over your current system may correct the problem since it will recover the missing file. Though I haven't tested it.
February 15, 2007 3:57:57 PM

Quote:
I encountered the same problem almost 3 weks ago. I somehow managed to read on the blue screen that a dll file was missing. And unfortunately I couldn't recover my system. So I did a clean install. Reinstalling XP over your current system may correct the problem since it will recover the missing file. Though I haven't tested it.

Thanks for the reply ! :) 

In my case unfortunatly it's not a missing file... :cry:  I wish it would be that simple, because I have other pc's here and I would easily copy that missin DLL from anoter Windows XP Pro pc and put it in this one...

Unfortunatly for me, it's a bug or an error that is cause by the Windows XP Updates I did this morning...

So I still need to know how to "rollback" the system to a previous date, to a previous Restore Point, without having to enter Windows XP...

If anyone knows the answer to this one, please help, I'm going crazy here trying to fix this... :( 

Thanks.
Related resources
February 15, 2007 4:23:51 PM

By the way, the error that I get is as follows: (take into account that this is my translation from another language in which my Windows is, to English)

STOP:c000021a{Fatal system error}
The system process ofWindows Logon Process was unexpectedly terminated with a state of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
System was shut down.

Does this make sense to anyone ? How can I fix it ?

Thanks for all the help. ;) 
February 15, 2007 5:52:09 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, after a month of getting faulty hardware issues straightened out and getting everything up and running yesterday, to come home to this is extremely frustrating...HELP US!

error-

Explorer.EXE - Application Error

0xc0000005 failed to initialize properly
February 15, 2007 5:56:47 PM

Quote:
I'm having the exact same problem, after a month of getting faulty hardware issues straightened out and getting everything up and running yesterday, to come home to this is extremely frustrating...HELP US!

I'm looking at a software called ERD Commander 2005 from Winternals (now a Microsoft owned company), it says on their website that it can help to logon to systems that do not show the logon screen and can recover previous recovery check-points from Windows...

However I do not know how I will get my hands on this... :(  There is no download link in the site, nor demo...

Please help people ! ;) 
February 15, 2007 6:44:15 PM

Did you're units come with there OS system disk/recovery disk?
You could try popping in you're XP disk, keep a close eye along the bottom where it installs and prompts and press the relevant key required for xp repair/recovery. (Think it's F2)
Failing this you could try the good ole DOS approach.
February 15, 2007 6:48:01 PM

Quote:
Did you're units come with there OS system disk/recovery disk?
You could try popping in you're XP disk, keep a close eye along the bottom where it installs and prompts and press the relevant key required for xp repair/recovery. (Think it's F2)
Failing this you could try the good ole DOS approach.

Does not work, have been tried. Thanks anyhow ;) 

Best Regards
Tecno
February 15, 2007 9:06:48 PM

Any way to fix it without losing files?
February 15, 2007 9:10:12 PM

yippee! It now also tells me i have "lsass.exe" error as well...at least my computer also decided to let me boot in safe mode
February 15, 2007 9:24:37 PM

I only wish I could boot in safe mode... :( 

Missing some files is not hard to fix, just get a similar XP install and copy the files to the same folders...

Now this problem of rebooting and not letting me into the login screen is really hard to fix... :evil:  I will try and get ERD Commander and work it out, but I doubt it will work in my case...

Regards
February 15, 2007 9:39:15 PM

WHOA! I went to the F8 page and selected something like "cancel rebooting on errors" and it works perfectly! I don't know what the errors were, but they aren't bothering me now! :D  :D  :D 

Thanks everyone for the help! (Especially the person that told me about f8!) :) 
February 15, 2007 9:41:48 PM

Quote:
WHOA! I went to the F8 page and selected something like "cancel rebooting on errors" and it works perfectly! I don't know what the errors were, but they aren't bothering me now! :D  :D  :D 

Good for you mate ! ;)  I tried that, one of the first times, and I've tried it since and no luck ! That only helped me to see the error I posted here, because If I didn't select that option, It woul reboot so fast I didn't even know there was a BSOD error screen...

Still waiting for some help here. :) 

Regards
February 15, 2007 10:20:28 PM

That's strange I never got the bsod so maybe I had a different issue. Hope you fix whatever your problem is!
February 15, 2007 10:25:52 PM

Alright, finally able to get into safe mode, system restore does not work due to "incorrect reboot" (goes back to rebooting consecutively)...able to disable auto reboot and pull the error codes. Error codes like to change as well...

0x00000050 (0xA2001431, 0x00000001, 0x85872BFC, 0x00000000)

" "(0xF780FBCC, " " 0x805BE0E3, " ")

Thought I should also mention Speedfan recorded cpu temps at 40C when things were running well and the ASUS BIOS are giving me a 60C reading now
!