Tasks marked done mysteriosly show up as not-started

July 20, 2005 1:44:06 PM

Sometimes, tasks I remember marking complete in outlook on the PPC show
up again as not started.

Anyone else find this? I have a real hard time relying on this device,
I don't think PPC works reliabily if you want to keep lists of tasks and
mark them complete when done (i.e. implementing GTD). I do sync to two PCs.

Doug Ransom
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:20:22 PM

Please check if that task is a recurrenced one (Task Recurrence...), in
which case, a new task is created everytime it is marked as complete.

Thanks,
Prasada Raju Indukuri [MSFT]

"doug ransom" <yeah.right@ransom.dyndns.ws> wrote in message
> Sometimes, tasks I remember marking complete in outlook on the PPC show up
> again as not started.
>
> Anyone else find this? I have a real hard time relying on this device, I
> don't think PPC works reliabily if you want to keep lists of tasks and
> mark them complete when done (i.e. implementing GTD). I do sync to two
> PCs.
>
> Doug Ransom
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 1:24:51 PM

I’ve seen two sources for this problem.

1. Syncing to two computers: (with ActiveSync up not to sync completed
tasks). When a task is marked complete on one computer, the next sync
removes it from the PDA. Then during the next sync to the second computer,
the uncompleted copy of the task on the second computer gets added to the
PDA. Changing ActiveSync settings to sync completed tasks helps.

2. Deleting completed tasks. Sometimes the next sync restores them from
which ever device still has a copy.
!