One Beep, ASUS PB5 Deluxe, C2D 6300

jason7655

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Got it all hooked up, it goes to BIOS and even recognizes the drives.

For some reason though it turns around and says no drive found even though it lists the 2 SATA hard drives and the 1 SATA DVD drive. It says I should have to fool with the jumpers.

In the mobo handbook it says one beep could mean one of 3 things...and I'm guessing it's no master device found.

Anyone have a helpful link or some insight?

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Got it all hooked up, it goes to BIOS and even recognizes the drives.

For some reason though it turns around and says no drive found even though it lists the 2 SATA hard drives and the 1 SATA DVD drive. It says I should have to fool with the jumpers.

In the mobo handbook it says one beep could mean one of 3 things...and I'm guessing it's no master device found.

Anyone have a helpful link or some insight?

OK, please give us:

BIOS version;
drive types;
power supply;
which SATA sockets are you using;
are the drives SATA300 capable and are the jumpers on the drives which set that capability to 300 or 150 set as you/BIOS need them;
do you have an USB card reader attached as well (or printer with card reader)?

It won't be drivers as they are not loaded until the OS loads - BIOS supports hardware natively or not at all.

Q

jason7655

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
I will give you what I can give you now (since I am at work) and I will follow up this evening with additional details as I have them.

ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner With LightScribe Technology
2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Retail

Don't know about the BIOS since i am not there.

There are six SATA slots (non-RAID) on the bottom right of the Mobo. I've tried different combinations. There are 4 red and 2 black SATA connections on the mobo, and it says the black should be used as SLAVE. I put the DVD into that slot.

cronic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2005
does it say it cant find any drives when you try to load or boot the os

if so then you will have to go on thier website and download sata drivers and load them before your os

jason7655

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
It finds the drives, it lists them in the BIOS for SATA1, etc.

I forget the exact wording, but it goes to a black screen and says it can't find a drive, even though it just did. Confusing to me.

I put the Vista disc in and it recognized both SATA drives, but when I tried to install on one of them it said that it can't do that.

I will try to be more exact tonight with the wording.

jason7655

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
nevermind...I let Vista format the drive and i was fine. Must have been something I didn't think about at 1:30 am while I was drained.