I Got Banned

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Okay, I got banned for talking about beastiality over at OCN. (Don't ask, it was all fun and games until someone got banned). Anyway, I am assuming that the site will not let me back on because my IP adress has been banned. Now, if I were to release and refresh my IP, would that get me back on?

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Depends if you're connected to a DHCP server or if you're using a router that dynamically assigns IP addresses. If it gives you a new IP, then you'd probably be able to get back in.

MooseMuffin

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
Not sure what OCN is, but I imagine they would block your login as well as your IP, so you still wouldn't be able to post. As for what gary_busey said, if your ISP uses DHCP you'll be fine. If you're depending on your router to give you a new IP, that won't work since all machines behind the router appear as the same machine to computers outside of your home network.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
How can I get around this?
Look up information on proxy servers. Also, if you have FireFox, look up FoxyProxy. What you can do with proxy servers is connect to a site via a proxy server, which will mask your real IP and make it look like you're in the location of wherever that proxy server is.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
What about on an iBookG4?
Well, I pretty much know nothing about Apple's, but it shouldn't be much different since the same protocols are used for internet conectivity. Just start doing some research on proxies and see what you can come up with.

Slappy_Slime

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
google search on "hide my ip" some of the sites change your ip every few clicks. it uses ip addresses from all over the world. pretty much the same as a proxey, but it bounces you around for ya. Hope it helps! :D

99vw

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
http://www.proxyengines.com/?q=proxy&c=Canada&

Just go here type the link and you should be able to get on. If you get that proxy banned just go find another.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Okay, I got banned for talking about beastiality over at OCN. (Don't ask, it was all fun and games until someone got banned). Anyway, I am assuming that the site will not let me back on because my IP adress has been banned. Now, if I were to release and refresh my IP, would that get me back on?

If you're just releasing and renewing your internal private IP address, that wouldn't change anything. If your address is something like 192.168.X.X then that's your internal IP and not the one your ISP assigns you. If this is something you want to take seriously, considering changing ISPs. You'll definitely get a new external IP by doing that and should bypass any IP based restrictions.

Next time... just behave.