EEP!!! cant start my pc

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I OC'ed my memory too far on my e6600 system, I took out the batter on the mobo left it out for hours. Still wont start. I cant find my jumpers right now. Is there anything anyone can think of? also If the battery way didnt work do you really think the jumpers will?

Also on my AMD sytem the plastick tabs the held the clam down to hold the waterblock on the cpu broke off on one side, all 3 tabs. ANY idea on what to do? I am going to see if I can like wire it down but I think I meight need a new 939 mobo, So any suggestions on that would be nice too.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I uped the multiplier to 3x333 instead of 2.5x333

oops I put both my system specs in my sig but they arent there huh well anyway

e6600 @2997
Ga-965P-SS3
4x1gb patriot @833 but now wont boot at 999
Evga 8800 gts 320
AC-3000 water cooled
and
amd 4000+@2712
A8R-MVP @4x226
4x512 Kingston Hyperx @ 206 2.5-3-3-8
X1800XT max AI overclock
AWC-1 water cooled

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Shit... Shitty shit. I decided it seemed like my pc was starting up... so I thought maybe it was my grafix card... Sooo... I somehow fried my evga 8800gts... I mean HOW MUCH DOES THAT SUCK!!!. I stuck an old graphics card in and it works I stuck the 8800 in another pc and it did not work... DUDE NO!!!!... Sigh... so what graphics card should I get, another 8800gts 320? Sooooo depressed. maybe its a sign I should go back to ATI. the one time I go nvidia and i get screwed. I am sure the waranty is voided I put watercooling on it.

Dave_McMahon

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
Feel your pain, but make sure it ain't simple dust on that 8800 connector, check the water cooling on it (make sure it dont get hot! If it dont work with it's OEM cooling then RMA it, after all it dont work in a non-overclocked machine and with water cooling it has been looked after better than stock cooling.

Hmm maybe the GPU was icy and the mem on it was toast?! how good was the water cooling on it?

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
AC-3000 gpu water block. It kept the gpu cool the memory was hot but I never ran it very long or with any games even. and I will be getting heatsink for the memory tommarow. :( I think my PSU killed it maybe its only a 420Watt guess what... my 600Watt(very pretty) PSU will also be here tommarow. Yea I will try to rma it I guess but I think I am screwed. I will Stick a x1900GT in it tommarow for the time being I think. Oh well. If i cant get it RMA'ed I think I will get the exact same model again due to prices and ect.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
WOOT. Today has been an emotional rollercoaster. I brought both my computers to work. I work for free for my mom, we just started a new store 3 months ago, but its ok for now cuz I also live for fee with my mom. all day every day (not sunday) I might add. So both my pc's are broken but I was still a little hopefull. I decided I needed a new mobo could not figure out a way to wire it down or anything, so that was slighty more depressing. So I went shopping! I love to shop for computer stuff, I got a mobo with nForce4 Ultra, and some UV reactive sata and pata wires(1 SATA3.0gbs blue, 1 ATA133 blue, 2 ATA 133 green) Then I got my X-Fi Elite Pro, YAY I got it for my guitar(wich I currently cant even find one of my picks), so thats happy time. I then figure out my other pc is booting but has no video. I do a bunch of stuff, then decide to try a x1900gt in it see if it works, it does so slighty happy time, so then I put the 8800 back it doesnt work uh-oh. So I put the 8800 in the other pc(while connected to the watercooler still(it was dificult to do) didnt work VERY DEPRESSING, considered suicide that sort of think, but decieded it would make more sense to buy another then die. So I took the 8800 off the water cooler cleaned it off, then decided to stick it back it just to make sure(thanks you, I almost didnt) and it works! I have a little thermal paste left at home thank god. I also got some with my newegg order I forgot to mention 3cc I need it for my AMD when my new mobo comes.