Mobo Comp. w/ 4g + 64 bit???

Well it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem. I am currently running...

Vista Ultimate 64bit
Intel X6800
4g OCZ Titanium VX2 Ram

and while the ram was only 2g it ran beautiful with no errors that I could find! It ran fast and smooth. I added my extra 2g into it this morning and instantly Vista took about 10 mins to load and felt like I have maybe 128m or something. So I pulled them out and tested them one by one all working perfect.

I thought hum... maybe the mother board isnt giving it enough juice on boot, since in BIOS it did show 4???k memory! So I knew it was there... I OC'd the board to the 5% and guess what? It booted fast! But I tried to play some games and it kept crashing so I went back and adjusted it to 4 4 4 4 12 2.4v on the ram... no over clocking on the processor.

and it worked! I've been playing oblivion and other games at 4g of ram... but I haven't really seen any performance increase nor do I know if it really helped at all but what I need to know now is...

Are there any boards out there supporting 4gigs of 8000 DDR2 + X6800 dual SLI and a very powerful overclocking ability that works in Vista Ultimate 64bit??

Because I thought mine would work too since the company said it would and yet it doesnt with 4gs.
3 answers Last reply
More about mobo comp
  1. Haha...I knew it was an Asus board even before I checked your sig.

Well, I'm sorry to tell you that those extra 2 slots you have are just for decoration. You're lucky that your board even post with 4 sticks because my A8N-E board REFUSED to post with 4 sticks. I was forced to buy brand new memory.

What's the point of having 4G of ram if you have to drop the memory timings and OC on your system. I'm pretty sure 2GB would bench faster.

Whatever you buy don't buy an ASUS. I'm done with them.
  2. Quote:
    Haha...I knew it was an Asus board even before I checked your sig.

Well, I'm sorry to tell you that those extra 2 slots you have are just for decoration. You're lucky that your board even post with 4 sticks because my A8N-E board REFUSED to post with 4 sticks. I was forced to buy brand new memory.

What's the point of having 4G of ram if you have to drop the memory timings and OC on your system. I'm pretty sure 2GB would bench faster.

Whatever you buy don't buy an ASUS. I'm done with them.

yah they lost my support :(

Anyone know what board would work with 4 gigs?

Anyone use the EVGA AR NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI board with 4 gigs?
  3. I'm running a BFG 680i with 4gigs of DDR2 800 ram at 4-4-4-12 2.1v. No problems after the quirky install of windows. I play 2142, Oblivion, and UT2004 without any ram related problems. (2142 crashes, but its due to graphic's driver, not the ram)

Vista 64bit would not install with 4 gigs installed, I had to pull it down to 2gigs...meh.
Ask a new question

Read More

4G Windows Vista