Sign in with
Your question

Issues with Samsung drives?

Last response: in Storage
April 26, 2007 4:03:50 PM

I was going to get a Samsung Spinpoint SP2504C, but someone on the General Hardware forum told me he had two Samsung drives fail in two years. So I was wondering if other people had had/heard of similar problems with Samsung?

Would I be better off getting another HDD in stead, such as a Seagate Barracuda (though I’ve heard it makes some annoying clicking noises) or or WD, or maybe another brand?

Thanks for reading.

More about : issues samsung drives

April 26, 2007 4:33:22 PM

I recommend Seagate because they carry a 5 year warranty and offer good performance. My WD is quieter than my old seagate, but my new 7200.10 is very quiet (no clicking).
April 28, 2007 3:16:08 PM

Quote:
I was going to get a Samsung Spinpoint SP2504C, but someone on the General Hardware forum told me he had two Samsung drives fail in two years. So I was wondering if other people had had/heard of similar problems with Samsung?

Would I be better off getting another HDD in stead, such as a Seagate Barracuda (though I’ve heard it makes some annoying clicking noises) or or WD, or maybe another brand?

Thanks for reading.

I have 2 2504C in RAID 0 for some time, and everything is good. I have a samsung 400 gigs for storage. I had one other 400 that went bad after 10 minutes, but was replaced. So.. as long as hdd get goos power and some ventilation around, they all should be fine. But it is electronics, and that can fail too.
!