JUST Ordered my new machine!!!

maximusakl

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
What do you guys think? Waited for the Intel price cuts, but have never been an ATI guy, so I went ahead and took the plunge. Ends up about $1600 after rebates ($1750 before).

C2D E6600
ASUS P5N32-E
CORSAIR XMS2 2x1GB DDR2 800 (4-4-4-12)
EVGA 8800GTS SUPERCLOCKED
WD Raptor X 150BG
NZXT Zero Case
ENERMAX Infiniti 720W
2 X Lite-On 20X DVDR w/ LightScribe <-------(LightScribe DVDRs make me COOL!)
SONY 3.5" Floppy Drive <----- (Yea, I'm sweet... I know it)
ROSEWILL Card Reader

This is running a 24" HP monitor. As you can probably tell, this is my new gaming rig! :twisted:

Gonna run it stock for a bit, then decide on a cooler once I get it together so I can overclock.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Should have gotten the E6420.
Should have gotten the 8800 GTX.
Should have gotten the P5N32-E SLi Plus.
Should have gotten better RAM - Corsair suck!

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Tis a decent set up you've ordered.Enjoy the fun.And enjoy kicking butt.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Sorry it doesn't live up to your expectations.

What kind of a comment is that?

You cant build a bad system, then tell me afterwards so i cant help, and then have the nerve to tell me that IM somehow not ok for telling u the truth.

You asked.. did u want a lie? Should have come here BEFORE u ordered if u wanted some help..

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I probably would have went with Crucial, Super Talent, or Gskill Ram for better price/performance. I would get the Gamextream OCZ 700w or 850w, and possibly 2 Seagate 250gb SATA 3.0s for about same speed with more storage in Raid, get backup if you're scared of data loss.

These are critiques as to what "I" might have done differently.

Its a very good system regardless, I think you made a great GPU choice and an awesome case choice, just recently got a NZXT Zero for another build myself and it rocks, its like a quiet hurricane inside the case compared to my old cases.

Enjoy it for all its worth, you made good choices, many who post here would have changed at least one thing but thats personal experience and preference talking, nothing changes the fact it will be a good gaming rig !! :)

MagicWok

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
What kind of a comment is that?

You cant build a bad system, then tell me afterwards so i cant help, and then have the nerve to tell me that IM somehow not ok for telling u the truth.

You asked.. did u want a lie? Should have come here BEFORE u ordered if u wanted some help..

Be realistic. It's not a bad system by any means. There's nothing bad in picking an E6600 and 8800GTS at all - otherwise many members here have made a 'bad' decision, and you are wrong claiming it is one.

It's not an amazing system, or anything to get interested in - but it will certainly do what he wants to (play games). Give it a break.

Moody. :lol: :p

horstmann

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
@Maximusakl

Its a pretty good system. I am definitely jealous. I'm still running a 2.4 P4 that I built a long time ago. There are definitely things you could have done better, but it will be a great system, none the less.

@Proof

Just wondering how much did you spend on your system? It has to be quite a bit.

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Actually, I am testing a lot of parts. Yes, it was quite a bit but not as much as you would think... If you have any interest I would be more than happy to share the entire list of specs with you... :lol:

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
What do you guys think? Waited for the Intel price cuts, but have never been an ATI guy, so I went ahead and took the plunge. Ends up about $1600 after rebates ($1750 before).

C2D E6600
ASUS P5N32-E
CORSAIR XMS2 2x1GB DDR2 800 (4-4-4-12)
EVGA 8800GTS SUPERCLOCKED
WD Raptor X 150BG
NZXT Zero Case
ENERMAX Infiniti 720W
2 X Lite-On 20X DVDR w/ LightScribe <-------(LightScribe DVDRs make me COOL!)
SONY 3.5" Floppy Drive <----- (Yea, I'm sweet... I know it)
ROSEWILL Card Reader

This is running a 24" HP monitor. As you can probably tell, this is my new gaming rig! :twisted:

Gonna run it stock for a bit, then decide on a cooler once I get it together so I can overclock.

good choice. :D

pongrules

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
That's probably a better way to word it then. Your thread title just said, look at my system. We're like, meh. It's pretty good, but so what? Input for future builds is pretty much pointless, since the list of parts will surely almost completely change by the time you build again.

FWIW, I would have bought the 8800GTX instead. The rest of the parts are fantastic if you're going to OC. Good gaming machine - not the best, but pretty darn close.

maximusakl

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Yea, I thought about the GTX, but I'm already a BIT over budget. I know I could have skimped on other parts, but I wanted top notch stuff to last me a while. Also, I'm planning on a new CPU/GPU/Memory in about a year anyway.

pongrules

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I always go with the best available parts at the time as well and I've never regretted it. This last build (in Feb.) was my third build. Each of my builds has lasted about three years with only having to change out the video card at some point in time. No problems with the machines at all.

I don't need an SLI motherboard, but the 680i is the best so when games start to require a little more horsepower, I can always add another 8800GTX and it may be cheaper to do so if ATI comes out with something decent to compete with it. The e6700 is more than I need right now, but I can OC the snot out of it when I need to.

The only thing that might get me is that directX 10 demands a lot more than the 8800GTX can handle and that newer cards can do direct X 10 a lot better. Then, it's probably better for me to buy a new video card rather than SLI, but then I will have bought an SLI motherboard unnecessarily. Oh well. :lol:

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Duh. Its the best motherboard ever, of course it will fit anything.

I am pretty sure that it is not the best motherboard ever Track... I am also pretty sure that you should STFU.

This coming from a guy with an X6800. Idiot..